jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Profile flagging?

1. David 470 profile image88
    David 470posted 6 years ago

Is profile flagging new? I am assuming there was an update during my absence. This sounds like a good feature considering some of the plagiarizers and spammers that sign-up to hubpages.

1. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Been here ever since I started. Save a ton of time flagging individual Hubs by just flagging repeat offenders all in one shot. A few times I have seen many titles pop up in new Hubs list that looked like apparent spun article repeats I just went straight to Hubber and flagged whole thing.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey David, flagging a profile isn't recently new. It's been available for a while now. I'm not sure if it was there when I started, but I think it was.

Hopefully, someone more experienced than me could better answer your question. wink

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yup, it's been around for a while now.  Glad one more person is using it, though!

1. David 470 profile image88
        David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Really? I don't ever remembering seeing the button at the top of profiles.  Wow, how could I of missed that after months of being here lol.

2. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Maddie, when I find SPAM on the forums, I flag the profile at the same time as I report the post made. wink

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I used it today.  Some hubber with 7 hubs, all copied verbatim from their commercial blog selling something and all with multiple links to the blog.

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I use it.  Usually, if you see one spun Hub (or one otherwise atrocious one) you'll find one of two things at the profile:

1.  All the person's Hubs are horrible (spam, badly spun, etc.) - in which case, may as well flag the profile.

2.  The person's Hubs are such a mix of "obviously badly spun", "obviously not-close-to-good-English", and some Hubs that aren't bad.  To me, this is a big tip-off that the decent-looking Hubs may be stolen.

Oh - some things beyond those two possibilities:  You'll usually see too many links or other signs of spam.  (Basically, one really horrible (super-spammy, super-bad) Hub usually leads straight to a profile full of junk.)

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep - that's exactly what I find.  One copied or really spammy hub usually indicates more.  Unless the author only has one hub...

working