jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

A question about sites that repost your hub.

1. weholdthesetruths profile image61
    weholdthesetruthsposted 5 years ago

I write opinion bits.   And, almost by accident, I've found that signficant portions to whole hubs have been reproduced elsewhere (though attributed to me, linked to me, etc, etc). 

I'm somewhat concerned this will start getting me dupes...

And I don't wish to seem ungrateful for the links, as this has actually driven at least half of my income traffic (tiny as it is), and I don't write to earn money, I write to be read...responded to, and challenged on my thinking. 

Is there an issue, then, concerning copyrights?   Should I ask for removal of full hub reposting elsewhere? 

1. JLClose profile image60
      JLCloseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know much about Hubpages yet, but in the blogging world that sort of thing is considered a favor because it gets you traffic and recognition for your work. As long as they are linking back to you and crediting you, it's a good thing.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You won't be flagged for duplicate content, because they took it from you. Your hubs have a limited copyright protection, so if they have copied entire hubs from you, then it is your choice on whether or not, you want them removed.

Otherwise, it's considered a backlink. A link that leads back to your hub. However, if the whole hub has been copied, then you might not see a whole lot of traffic from that source, unless people are interested in reading other material you've written.

It seems like it's a win-win, either way.

1. weholdthesetruths profile image61
      weholdthesetruthsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I hope you're right.