jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Do you write for other websites?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

There are many websites like HP, for instance squidoo, infobarrel etc.....

Can anyone tell me if they have lost some of their traffic???

1. ThomasE profile image80
      ThomasEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

With squidoo there is barely a whisper on the forum... so, although I have been on there only a short time I think there was no effect on them.

Infobarrel is very difficult to tell, because they had problems with changing their layout which meant the entire site had to be reindexed by google... but if anything, I think they have been gaining traffic rather than loosing it since the algo change.

Ezinearticles has been hammered... but... none of my articles lost position in SERPs, and from my point of view nothing really changed there. I guess for people going after 100,000 views a month topics it has changed massively.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thomas, this gives me some idea. Thanks for the insight!! smile

2. profile image0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just after the crash I saw plenty of IB threads about massive traffic losses, and I believe that you even participated in one ThomasE!

So I would hazard a guess that they were indeed affected wink

Ultimate Hubber, I believe that Squidoo emerged pretty well for most of their best search terms. The only overall gainers were eHow, so if you are thinking about writing elsewhere then consider trying there smile

1. ThomasE profile image80
          ThomasEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But, around two weeks before that they completely trashed their indexing on google through the redesign. Pretty much all the content on the site had to be recrawled by google... and I think the entire site has been in the google dance since then.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
          Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Ryan!
          There got to be something special about EHow. I often see an EHow page high in SERPs while browsing or researching for hubs; but they don't share impressions like HP.

1. kerryg profile image85
            kerrygposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I suspect bribery. I can't think of any other excuse for their high placement in SERPs!

I've written a few articles for ehow myself and know for a fact that there are some good writers there, but 99% of the ehow articles that actually turn up in my searches are written by some generic "expert" and are useless crap. mad

2. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Yeah read some too, IB has not been left unaffected by G's algo changes...

working