jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

sacked before i started work

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

I had an interview for a teaching job in December. Loads of hoops put in the way- criminal record checks, previous employer checks, personal reference checks, academic checks- i finally passed everythin last week. Got a letter this morning " we now find we need to cut the post"
    oh well i guess you can't get sacked from a job you never started?

1. cre8tive profile image82
      cre8tiveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What a pain in the proverbial that is. Mind you with all the cuts at the moment I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Hope something else comes up for you soon.

2. 0
      Multimanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Too bad, hopefully something else will come that is better.

3. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That sucks. hmm Sorry to hear. hmm

2. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

Dang, that wasn't very nice! Sorry that happened to you. Is there any way you can get a reason why they did this?

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

erm think its because as a country we are broke!

3. leahlefler profile image99
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

What awful news! At least you hadn't invested more time with a company that was going to sack the position in short order - here's to finding something even better (and hopefully more stable)!

4. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 5 years ago

Sorry to hear about that, CASE1WORKER.
    These things really are a pain, especially because you plan your future according to them, you look forward to a new working environment, to meeting new people, and the challenge. Then everything falls flat.
    Hope you put it behind you quickly and move on - no doubt to something even better that's waiting just around the corner.

5. Aiden Roberts profile image87
    Aiden Robertsposted 5 years ago

Oh no that's really bad but a sign of the times just don't put it on your resume' smile I am sure something will come up.

6. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I am very sorry to hear this.sad I hope things get better.

7. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Sorry to hear that Case1Worker.  Have you got anything else in the pipeline?

8. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 5 years ago

That's just typical! A job turns up and then they pull it! the F$%* wits!

9. nell79 profile image85
    nell79posted 5 years ago

Sounds like you've got a good attitude about it. It does suck though.I hope you have better luck the next time around.

10. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

thank you to everyone- i was just a bit mad when i wrote the post. i have a little work til end of may on the census count. it's just well annoying!