jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

More Slaps Yesterday :/

1. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

Figure 1: SheToldMe.com

(7 day 8299, Yesterday 16488)

Figure 2: Xomba

(7 day 4437, yesterday 5438)

Figure 3: Snipsly

Down from 10k to nearly 20k.

Yet Redgage, a site full of automated content, STILL survives. Why do these graphs make me suspect manual slaps? Or has the algorithm been tweaked?

2. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

I'm just not worrying about it, mainly because I haven't had a chance. Way to busy with work. Can't wait for "the slaps" or in WoW "nerfs" to be over so I know what to do. I am doing whatever Paul E says.

I haven't even backlinked to those sites, but I'm def going to have to.

3. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

How may this effect our SheToldMe and Snipsly backlinks?

4. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

Anyone who wasted time with these kinds of backlinks is now realizing they wasted time with these kinds of backlinks.

But ,of course, they never had any value.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They worked for me.

The content that I have backlinked at SheToldMe, Snipsly and the likes is holding up better than the content which I have not backlinked at all.

Low value? Sure. But better than no backlinking strategy at all. Of course, any page on the internet, on any site on the internet, can become a valuable backlink if you backlink that backlink wink

5. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

Perhaps you backlinked stuff that was above average. So it succeeded because it was above average.

Perhaps you put time into pages that you were intending to backlink. So they succeeded because they had more time spent on them.

Very hard to say. A few backlinks on crummy sites will have negligible impact. Get a few hundred and who knows?

Of course, you might lose your adsense account...

1. 0
      ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I started using Snipsly in the early days and used to have a fair few people "leech" on the site stripping RSS feeds etc.

I know this because it reports pings. Some of my snipsly bookmarks would be replicated on various blogs 5-10 times depending on the topic.

As as such, many of those backlinks self-generated authority, and still do have some authority.

When the site became highly popular the chances of this happening became very slim, although not unknown.

So, I found the site at the right time. I subsequently became the person who promoted that site on Hubpages, so effectively the person that ruined my own good thing lol

2. surf traveler profile image86
      surf travelerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Will Apse,
      What do you mean by "of course you could lose your adsense account"

6. Tina Kachan profile image48
    Tina Kachanposted 5 years ago

For the last 2 days I can`t seem to open Shetoldme. hmm
    Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Or is it just me..

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
      PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago in reply to this

my shetoldme has been down too!

1. sabrebIade profile image85
        sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

STMe has been up and down for about a week.
        Yesterday it was fine, now it's gone again.