jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Your post is not up to Hubpages standards...

1. Faithjoy profile image60
    Faithjoyposted 5 years ago

As you may have guessed, I am new to Hubpages.  I created my first hub and submtted it to be published.  I received a message from the moderator that it is not up to standards for any of the following reasons.....very generalized. How do I go about finding out more specific reasons?

Thank you!

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
      CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

e m ail  them and ask them- did you put a lot of personal content in?

1. Faithjoy profile image60
        Faithjoyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your prompt response, CASE1WORKER.  Since posting here, I've visited several Hubs to get a better idea of what a good Hub would look like.  I realize now, that yes, it does contain personal content, but it also was writen in a blog-like way. By that I mean written in a continual manner.  This isn't acceptable format, I have found.  Once again, thank you for your help!

1. J@ps profile image79
          J@psposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You know Faithjoy, I have been here a year but was away for some time.
          And then like you, I just recently come back and I see all these "substandard hubs".
          "What the ?!@#$%?"
          And so now, I am busily trying to at least make them "standard", so I feel you.

Anyway, welcome to HP!

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The site FAQ can provide a lot more detail,

3. Pauladance.co.uk profile image60
      Pauladance.co.ukposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your question seems wellphrased, so it would not seem to be your 'writing'.  Subject matter? Sadly no one can comment on your piece without reading it!  Try leaving it for a few days and then read it again  -  you may notice phrasing which could be improved upon.  There is very little use in trying to edit your own work as soon as you have finshed it.  It has to be completely left and 'forgotten'  and then returned to after a few days  -  and you may see what was apparently unacceptable.  You may need to do a little re-writing. Have another go...!

2. leahlefler profile image99
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

Faithjoy, you can also email the Hubpages Team to ask about the specific reason, and they may respond with more detailed feedback. http://hubpages.com/email/help/