Traffic increase?

1. Robert Teague profile image60
    Robert Teagueposted 5 years ago

I am new to hubpages, and writing in general. When I found hupages I joined, not to make money online, but to get feedback. My long term goal is to become a published author. Can anyone tell me the best way to get traffic to my hub and actually get people to leave feedback, including comments. Thank you for any advice you can give.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

When you first publish a hub, you'll get quite a bit of 'internal' traffic (other hubbers). This will taper off and then you'll have to wait anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for search engines to pick it up.

Here's an example of one of my highest traffic hubs:

As you can see, it took over six months for it to start seeing serious traffic. And no, I've never promoted that hub tried to get traffic.

3. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Keywords seriously help with search engines, for example I had one hub that went straight to the first page of Google within around 3-4 weeks and spiked like Wry's hub here with around 1300 daily views.. now it has settled down to around 400-500 a day. I do backlink a lot to try and regain that prime spot in 2-3 place but its hard to do that for all hubs.