jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

HubPages App for Facebook

1. 0
    rethansmithposted 8 years ago

A hubpages application for facebook would knock my socks off!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm not promising anything, but just so we can get an idea, what sort of functionality or features would you like to see involved in a HubPages app?

2. hot dorkage profile image79
    hot dorkageposted 8 years ago

All I need is motivation...

3. hot dorkage profile image79
    hot dorkageposted 8 years ago

Well auto publish the widget to your FB EZ, allow FBers to search your hubs, would be a start.

4. 0
    rethansmithposted 8 years ago

hot dorkage - I will try what you suggested.

Maddie Ruud - Maybe like a box for profiles featuring hubs we have written, hubs we like, it could show our hubscore, our hubtivity, etc...It would be like the widget on steriods.  It would allow for HPers to network a little deeper on the FB.

Umm.  I hope these are the kind of things you were looking for.  I will post more as I think of them.

5. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Yeah, I would support any kind of FB integration smile

6. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

You do some level of "integration" right out of the box - it's easy to add an RSS feed to Facebook using the Simply RSS application. You can also do a few things with the MyBox application. This is a text/html box widget, although it doesn't support Javascript so you can't embed the HubPages widget.

Check these out here - assuming you can see the profile - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=566696394 (this is my partner Chris' profile).

I can think of a couple of things that a proper HubPages Facebook application would do:

* display the HubPages widget or equivalent (as other people have said)
    * push new hub updates into a users news feed - so it shows up on all my friends pages (assuming that applications are allowed to do that)

7. webismine profile image60
    webismineposted 8 years ago

Seems Interesting cool