jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Using Youtube Video

1. victor.hatley profile image61
    victor.hatleyposted 5 years ago

Hello, while I'm not brand new to internet writing, I am new to this pub. I recently published an article series, on Gobekli Tepe, and one of my off-site readers suggested a video of the pics i couldn't get into the arts. The research I did for the article was deep and many of the pics had been unpublished as yet as the good Dr. in charge of the excavation e-mailed the info to me. After I published the article with a youtube video embedded correctly, the number was unpublished. The e-mail the admin sent was quite vague, but i looked over the guide lines and requested another look at the hub.

It was refused...again with very little exact explanation as to why. I've added a little more text to the hub, and according to my open office the word count is at 130. Before I suffer the rejection again, can somebody please tell me what is wrong, or at least a more educated guess than I can come up with? The hub is here:http://hubpages.com/hub/Gobekli-Tepe-A-Slideshow-Just-For-You

I hate rejection and my self esteem probably isn't too important to others, but...

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

If your total word count is 130? Then it would be considered "substandard", unless it is a poem and categorized under poetry.

Edit: Just to let you know, only Staff can read or see unpublished hubs, which your hub is unpublished.

3. victor.hatley profile image61
    victor.hatleyposted 5 years ago

Wow, that's what I thought. Thanks a lot. But when the hub was unpublished, there were only 6 views. Since then the views have increased to 28 with three today...what's with that? I'm wondering if it is working like a private page for those who already have the web add. Can you tell me if this is so? Once again, thanks a lot and thanks of the hearty welcome, this has been an excellent experience so far even in light of this little set back. Guess I need to go correct this so you guys can see all the goodies DR. Schmidt sent me!

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your views count. The visits that you make to edit  that hub is included in the page impressions. smile  Welcome to HP!

1. Cagsil profile image82
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Sofs. The views are you, if the hub is unpublished. It could possibly be Staff too. Since you asked for an appeal of the ruling on your hub. But, I don't actually know if Staff views are included or not. That would be something you would have to ask Staff about.