jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Suggest Links

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
    Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago

When I finish writing a hub and publish it, I click suggest links. I get suggestions for the first half of the hub, or up to a point where I put a picture, but the suggestions do not continue in the part of the text past there. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image90
      DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Having the same problem and can't figure out to resolve it.  Never thought about it sending people away from reading my hubs, though.  I guess I'm not quite so mercenary!smile

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I personally don't use suggest links. You're basically sending anyone who visits your page to someone else's hub to go give THEM money.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

The idea is more that we send each other traffic rather than sending it off the site.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So if you insert links to hubs that you like, along with a tracker, you can both earn from them and make sure you aren't sending your visitors to random hubs that aren't related to what they're looking for.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You know it isn't a random link because you choose it yourself.  Most of us all have outbound links shpwing where to get more info.  Making those links to another hub rather than an outside site whenever possible is a win/win so long as most people do it.  The link tool just makes some suggestions.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...And don't insert your tracker so you're not earning from people leaving your hub. If they don't leave through a link they're not leaving through an advert.

working