Who is around at this time in the afternoon?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (38 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

It's late arvo here in Australia, and I have been awake since 6am and online working for most of the day. Just wondering how many hubbers are here at this time. smile

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
      CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi,, i am in the uk and have just woke up!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too, v. early, frost on the lawn, first coffee, check stats - oh dear.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
          CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

omg, that's what i do every morning, except i have tea, then have to take second cup and his first to him in bed!

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years ago

Just got up - France 8am. Should be a be-ew-te-fool day. big_smile Check stats - good grief! Didn't know they could go that low. sad

3. cre8tive profile image82
    cre8tiveposted 13 years ago

7am here in the uk. Gorgeously sunny but bitterly cold.

Coffee is on the go and I really should get up as I'm running a class today.

4. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

we must be addicts, get up, tea or coffee, check stats!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Addicts... since joining I more or less am connected all day, every day.  I check my comments, feedback, traffic about every 30 minutes.

If I had spend 1% of that time doing keyword research, back linking or perhaps even writing something useful - I would be a millionaire by now.

5. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

I'm here. It's 3 pm here in Philippines and it's a cold, rainy day here.

6. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 13 years ago

Its 12.40 PM here in India - already @#^*&* hot outside (38-40 degrees C, I reckon), and its only 19th March. This is going to be another extremely hot summer.

Its Holi today (and tomorrow), though no colors for me this time. Trying to write something for the last two hours, but keep wandering - mostly to the forums.

1. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe we should exchange places. Haven't seen the sun for like 3 days already. And flooded streets are common sights here for the past two and a half months sad

7. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 13 years ago

Lol its 3:23 AM here...Time zones make things strange.

12 hour difference from USA - Australia? I live on eastern time zone of US.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

13 to 16 hour time difference of USA to Australia moving from the east coast to the west. For example,

New York = 13 hours behind Melbourne
      Los Angeles = 16 hours behind Melbourne

Australia loses daylight saving in a few weeks so the time zone will move to 14 - 17 hours difference smile

8. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

Just finished watching the Clipsal V8 Supercars.

Tander 1st
    Vodaphone 2nd and 3rd.

Great Saturday afternoon and it all happens again tomorrow.

Go Adelaide...

9. sofs profile image75
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Here I am >>>smile

10. Susana S profile image89
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

Just got up here in the UK.....It's usually pretty quiet around HubPages at this time of day smile

11. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

late afternoon here in China - struggling to learn more webmaking stuff with systems half in Chinese making life difficult to psychotic smile

12. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

6:45pm rocking about and soon to decide on dinner for tonight in bewdiful Melbourne.

13. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

I'm here

14. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Nice to see so many hubber friends here. I thought I was alone on the forums. smile

1. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I quite like this time of the day on Hubpages - most of the loonies and political shils are in bed, just the common or garden type loonies like us here at this time smile

To keep track of things on my affiliate site I have installed four clocks so that visitors can see what time it is for everyone else.

1. sofs profile image75
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's comforting being amongst garden variety loonies. smile

15. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

We are not alone!  The Supermoon is watching over us!

True! I'm gonna take a look outside. smile

1. profile image59
        logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just be careful in case Bush is flying over in his private jet. smile

The way Australians feel about George, he is probably banned from our airspace! lol

2. earnestshub profile image81

I just looked outside at the supermoon, along with a couple of dozen kids here for my granddaughter's birthday party. It looks amazing! The kids went crazy! lol

1. profile image59

That's what the Supermoon does to you!
        I was howling earlier! smile

I had to go take another look. The sky is clear now and it looks spectacular. I may indulge in a bit of howling myself! smile

1. profile image59

I thought you just did that when another religious thread was posted! smile

16. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

9 in the morning here in China, just got up and stoking up with coffee and then noodles - ready to take on child themes and wrestle them to submission !

1. essiheart profile image69
      essiheartposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounds great tongue It's 8:29pm here in Chicago and I don't really know where my Saturday went sad At least I got a poem out of it! Haha.

17. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

It's presently 9:34 pm EST here. smile

18. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

9:50pm here in Ohio-USA...

Quiet Sat night.

The moon was amazing last night!

The day before the sunset was a brilliant Red!! head just about spun 360 degrees off my shoulders!!

1. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you get pictures ?  here we are on the edge of hte spring rainy season and overcast or piddling down !

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No and the annoying thing is I usually do have the digital in the car.

Was just running out to get a few groceries. I had never seen the sun that red!! was even more amazing than the moon the next night.

I only have seen suns like that in movies lol.

Thinkin on it ,dodnt think my budget digi wouldnt captured it too well. It sure was dazzling and fiery.

19. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

I'm normally asleep in the afternoon - well, when it's afternoon for you, which I guess it is now. There's about a 12 hour difference between Germany and Australia.
    It's gone 3 in the morning - I have to go to bed!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)