jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

Push button backlinking

1. smalika profile image60
    smalikaposted 6 years ago

I have just started to use a program for back linking, I wanted to know how effective are these programs in improving page ranking?

1. Bill Manning profile image72
      Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not much. It fact chances are it will hurt you. If you want to backlink, do it yourself manually,,,,,,

,,,, and no, I don't know good places to backlink to, it requires lots of work. wink

2. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Initially, when I came here, many were advising me to backlink. It was so much work!

At hubcamp, we were advised not to. I'm not backlinking anymore.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image85
        Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sophia, who advised you not to backlink and what was their reason?

1. profile image0

Robin, the wife of the owner, at hubcamp.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
            saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

[I am no expert and neither do I backlink. Still I have some views of my own. Those are as following:]

Sofia, then there must be some condition applied things like, "Choose low competition, high traffic, good paying keywords"- but in this world those keywords are very scarce if not absent. Its true that hubbers like Pcunix, WryLilt don't backlink but still manage to earn well but they could have done better with back linking, I believe. Products hubs can do well without backlinking but it is very hard to get the max out of a content rich hub without baklinking.

For a single hub you can choose 100s of keyword to be ranked well, and each different keyword will need different level of backlinking. Lets give an example.

Keyword- 5000 traffic/month- 1.5 cpc -Backlinking may not be needed
            Keyword- 50,000 traffic/month- 3cpc- Backlinking must.

Now its your choice to set your target.

Just my thoughts.

1. profile image0

Saleheen, until the recent SEO upset, I got to the front page of Bing, Yahoo, and google, without having to backlink, within a few days. So, it very much depends on whether one is able to use long tail keywords and find topics that are unique. I was able to do that. Even now, there are some of my topics that weren't displaced.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image85
            Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What was the reason given?

1. profile image0

I don't think I asked but we were told it's best to wait for the hubs simply to mature because over a period of time, Google logarithms keep testing to see if one's work is read. If it is read every time it is clicked, then it gradually moves up.

Personally, I'm happy to do that for the following reasons.

a) It's too much work
              b) At some point, Google will get annoyed with all the false back linking and change its parameters so that back links aren't included. At that point, all that work is going to be pretty much useless.

In other words, I'd just as well do it the hard way. smile

2. White Teeth profile image60
        White Teethposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow...

3. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
        BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sophie if that was before the alogerithm change how do you feel about now?

1. profile image0

@Brian.

The same way.

Just have to work harder at finding more unique things to write about.

2. smalika profile image60

how effective are Digg and shetoldme? I have just started backlinking, I am still trying to learn the ropes.

3. classicalgeek profile image89
    classicalgeekposted 6 years ago

I like SheToldMe; it's one of the fifteen or so places I use for backlinking. I have covered backlink sites that pay in one of my hubs, and I like the fact that for fifty more words, I can leverage the content I've already written both into increased traffic and another source of income.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

HP encourages us to promote our works http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/ under the heading "Getting Traffic"

5. wychic profile image78
    wychicposted 6 years ago

If I really felt like it, I could copy/paste over a thousand really horribly-written crap comments that have been left on my sites by backlink software. It's useless, it's unmitigated spam, and any site owner with any sense will prevent its ever even being shown. If it's on bookmark sites only, then you end up with a slew of bookmarks that have identical information across the sites and that haven't really given anyone a good reason to come check out your pages. My advice is to take the time, do it right, and only place backlinks where you can actually add value for people by doing so.

6. smalika profile image60

thank you all smile..

7. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

It depends on what you consider earning well ^

8. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

If not them then rest of the others are creating backlinks for this site which helps the domain. Try experimenting on your own site by not backlinking at all (and strictly no footprints like- using the URL for blog commenting, facebook, twitter, forum etc) then tell me the results of so-called no-backlinking. This is just my theory on footprints, sunforged/peter can correct me if i'm wrong.

Considering the slap that HP got recently, it's hard to recover without backlinks. Squidoo lenses don't do much without backlinks (both -organic/partial).

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I totally agree with you. I never denied the importance of backlinking.

working