jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

HP Virus Activity?

1. Rafini profile image87
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I just checked my email and clicked the link in an email from HP re: replies to a forum post, and the link didn't work, but all links in the email changed from blue to brown and I got a message that disappeared too quick for me to know what it said (and it hasn't come back when I try again).

I've really enjoyed my time here at HubPages, but this is too much.  I'm not interested in increasing my technologoical awareness.  I'm interested in being an author, in writing for a living.  I don't have the time, money, or expertise to deal with these issues and all the changes in requirements for a website that I don't really fit into.  HubPages may allow creative writing, but honestly it's a content farm for sales oriented articles and that's not exactly my cup of tea. 

Just to be clear, I'm not being chased away by all the changes, but by a realization that I really don't belong here.  When I bought my laptop it was for school and so I could start writing.  I have to keep my focus where it belongs.  I'll miss everyone I've come to enjoy knowing - unless I see you on Facebook.  smile

2. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

sad

Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All's good, skyfire. smile

1. skyfire profile image72
        skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Drop by forums once in a while smile

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

That doesn't sound like a virus to me to be honest, and if it is one then it is likely to be a problem with your email provider, e.g. gmail or hotmail, or something on your computer.

Have you run AVG or something? That will tell you if you have a virus. But, doesn't sound like one to me.

ps. don't delete your content, pop in once and a while, this community is going through a rough patch, we may be in for a bumpy ride, but things will settle down and become enjoyable again sometime smile

Thanks Ryan, I hadn't considered that - I'm using my sons computer cuz my laptop is with the Geek Squad til Monday at least.  So, it could be his computer, even.

Well, I'm leaving some hubs but not many.  Just the important ones for sharing like the one on Abuse, one on Aspergers, 2 Hub Mob hubs...for a total of 10.  But really, HubPages isn't the right place for me and I need to do what's right for me, ya know? 

I wish everyone well and hope to meet everyone when I get to the point of promoting a book.  smile big_smile  Rafini Loeshun will never forget HubPages!  big_smile smile wink

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good luck Rafini and update us once in awhile by posting here in the forum! I wish you the best.

smile  Wishing you all the best, too. smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Don’t leave! I’ll miss your philosophy questions. smile

working