Liking or sharing a question, how does it work?

1. kallini2010 profile image90
    kallini2010posted 5 years ago

If I check "Like" for the question, what does it do to it?  And sharing it?  I don't know, whether it notifies my fans or what exactly? By e-mail?

I personally don't mind answering questions that were asked by hubbers I follow, but the majority of questions are ... for the lack of better word - uninspiring.

Thank you,

2. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image90
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 5 years ago

Uninspiring is an understatement; most of the questions seem idiotic, posted merely to earn the poster a new icon on their profile.  smile

Personally, I stopped even looking at them some time ago.  If HP is looking for another way of improving the status of this site, that might be one area to consider removing altogether.

1. kallini2010 profile image90
      kallini2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, well, "idiotic" as well.  The question "Is Facebook good or bad?"

But frankly, I would love intelligent questions, the ones that make you think.

There was one question, which I would never have considered asking or answering for that matter, yet it inspired me in the completely unexpected manner.

"what is the cost of friendship?"  I wanted to say  $142.59 and you may get a discount...

but I bought a book which was only about $6.00 (Canadian) - "Loneliness" and it turned out to be fantastic.  I am going to make a hub about it.

But still the question remains --  What happens when I share or like a question?

Liking sends you to your Facebook, that much I noticed, but is there anything else?

I also try to look for questions under certain categories - topics that I follow - like "Literature and Creative Writing".