jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Has anyone come across this problem with Hotmail?

1. 0
    Martyv25posted 5 years ago

A friend of mine at work has had her Hotmail account hacked, her attempts to change her passowrd have poved a non starter.

When you click the change password button it is giving a different E-mail address than hers.

for example say her E-mail is joe.bloggs@hotmail.com it is saying it will change the password for joe.coggs@hotmail.com

Has anyone else come across this, or know of any solutions?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image85
      BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not me personally, because I don't use hotmail.   But I did recall reading a Hub about it once.  Here, I found it for you.  The Hub was titled "My Email Account Was Hacked! How I regained control of it"
      http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Email-Accoun … trol-of-It

1. 0
        Martyv25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

@BlissfulWriter thanks for the link very useful.  I finally seem to have got somewhere with it today.

2. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

I don't think account is hacked. This looks like glitch to me.

1. 0
      Martyv25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

@skyfire thank you, I know I was thinking it must be some sort of glitch in the system but her old E-mail address is not recognasied at all, I dont know what its done the address was in her maiden name and the new one it is offering up is in her married name, I'm thinking maybe its picked up the info from elsewhere maybe E Bay or something.  It's a mystery! thanks for all your help.