jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How am I Getting Traffic from Google?

1. seamus profile image61
    seamusposted 8 years ago

Hi all,

I'm getting a good amount of traffic from Google on a certain key phrase. When I type that phrase into Google, I don't see my hubpages.

Could this be happening because maybe somewhere in the world my site ranks higher than it does where I am? I know that Google gives different results in different locations...

Any other ideas as to what's going on?

1. vietnamese profile image78
      vietnameseposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It could be that your hub was on first page of google for some days and then by the time you checked it's not there.... It is also very possible that your results showed up on other regional search such as google.com.vn, google.de, blah blah blah (I don't know if the domain names I provided are accurate, but you got the ideas) :-)

2. Inspirepub profile image87
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Google does give different results depending on where you are when you search. Which is very frustrating when you are trying to market online to a country different from your own.

We've started using a little Firefox add-on called Google Global from RedFly Marketing. It makes it easy to add the "gl=" parameter to the search telling Google where to assume you are located.

Another thing that can change the results is whether you are logged into your Google Account at the time you search. If you are you get personalised results based on you previous search activity. If you want to see what most people see you need to logout.

Hope that helps.

2. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 8 years ago

My dear friend

The first thing you have to keep in mind is that whereever your website is hosted you will be visible on that country at very good position and rest may or may not.

Secondly whenever you write fresh content google bring it top for few days and if it doesnot get popularty by google visitors then google through it back.

<no links in signatures please>