jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (18 posts)

Google, seriously

1. Marye Audet profile image93
    Marye Audetposted 8 years ago

Absolutely no earnings on Google for today?

This really is starting to be weird.

2. premsingh profile image61
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

Really, difficult to believe. If a hubber like you have no earnings what would be the fate of others. As I understand you were having huge traffic to your hubs but now earning are sinking, You have to look for the reasons.If it is due to Olympics then left with no alternatives except writing hubs on Olympics. I have just published two hubs to attract visitors.

Not only google but Kontera also showing less earnings, low CTR & CPM.

3. blogging2 profile image77
    blogging2posted 8 years ago

That is scary... you have a perfect rating and hundreds of fans and nothing?

4. hassam profile image83
    hassamposted 8 years ago

Things are really getting wierd. There has also been a drop down in the traffic.I usually see a drop down in traffic at weekends but this time nothing went right the whole week.

5. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

my google has been lower this month than last month. I know my kontera has been reading the same total number for weeks but yet show earnings each day.

Edit: I take that back. it's gone up some, but it's barely moved in regards to the daily earnings, but because i seldome check it, i can't ever figure out what's going on with it.

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

My GoogleAdSense and Kontera are doing fine today - doing  better this month than last month.

7. Shirley Anderson profile image86
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

I haven't checked my Kontera earnings today, but AdSense was good.

8. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

The next two weeks are going to be very changeable in web traffic.  The nice thing about having now been online for a decade, this is not surprising to me.

Factors which can effect web traffic:
    1) The Olympics are changing people's media habits = more tv, less computer
    2) last chance for Americans to take a longer summer trip or getaway before Labor Day weekend.
    3) School's on the verge of starting back up from college on down to elementary depending on where in the country you are
    4) if you live in an area where lots of people go do Burning Man, they are starting to leave already

P.S.  My AdSense and Kontera look fine/normal/the usual.

9. rmr profile image88
    rmrposted 8 years ago

I'm not as prolific as most of you guys, but the only money I made in the last two days, came from kontera. 4 whole cents!

10. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

rmr - You're a penny-aire!

1. rmr profile image88
      rmrposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have been for quite some time. I am waiting for Kontera to make me a quarter-aire. Then I'll be livin' the dream!!!

11. Jerry G2 profile image82
    Jerry G2posted 8 years ago

I've found in my case that I'm actually getting more clicks than usual right now, but they're lower quality clicks (read less money) but I think a lot of that is just timing.  As relache points out: Olympics, festivals, summer, trips, college, recession, etc.

I'd be surprised if things didn't pick up again in a month or so.

12. funride profile image77
    funrideposted 8 years ago

I have not noticed any change both from adsense or kontera smile.

But I have been noticing that my recent hubs were not traced by google as fast as they were before sad. Does anybody experienced the same!? Where is google love? hmm

13. shuey 03 profile image60
    shuey 03posted 8 years ago

Yes, Google is not finding my hubs as fast either.  I am now starting to point links at my hubs to get them indexed faster.

1. guidebaba profile image60
      guidebabaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Because Knol is being given more importance than Hubs now.

14. rmr profile image88
    rmrposted 8 years ago

Hmm. I understand fluctuations and lulls, but I haven't made a single adsense penny in a week. Is it just me, or is that a bit outside the norm?

15. honey profile image47
    honeyposted 8 years ago

my adsense earnings have fallen too compared to last month's,my adsense ecpm has gone almost half of the last month sad

16. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

I'd just started earning my first pennies, but for the past couple of weeks ... nothing.