jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What Would You Do?

1. Jason Hill profile image60
    Jason Hillposted 5 years ago

I'm having a hard time today. I know others have far worse things going on in life, but in the heat of the moment its hard to see past myself.

I work as a drug and alcohol counselor. Recently I recieved my licensure which in my contract I was then supposed to recieve a $1 increase in pay. That was back in January. I was told last week that everything went through and I would recieve a retro check this week. Today, they told me it would not happen till mid-April. In the mean time, my bills are piling up and I'm getting discouraged and pretty stressed out, I got kids to worry about. If it was just me I wouldn't care.

So, I began writing on Hubpages in hopes of trying to supplement my income, though its difficult to find the time to write. I don't know what to do, guess I'm just looking for words of encouragement.

2. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

Seriously, I'd quit wasting my time writing hubs and use that time to work a real second job that paid some real money.

3. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 5 years ago

I agree with Disturbia.
    You can't possibly earn a substantial amount in such a short time on HubPages, and sometimes not even after a long time.
    Better would be to take on a part-time job until the bills are paid. You can go back to Hubbing when that's done.

4. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Being a writer was never a reliable profession, unless you hit big and become famous. Untill then I second Camlo and Disturbia. You need a stable job.

5. Jason Hill profile image60
    Jason Hillposted 5 years ago

Before the economy went south, I had two part-time jobs as well as my full-time job. Thats the problem, I cant find a second part-time job.

I'm already feeling better, just needed to vent. I know i'll get through this, I've been trhough worse. Thanks for all of you letting me whine!