jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Amazon ads - I never see my code when mousing over ad???

1. brakel2 profile image88
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

Is something different now?

1. 0
      ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I never knew that you could see anything by mousing over the ad? Or do you mean in the URL at the bottom of your browser?

2. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

If you right click on an ad, then select 'view properties' you will be able to find your tracker ID in the URL.

At least, you can on 60% of the impressions, on the other 40% of impressions you will see Hubpages tracker ID.

I have refreshed one of your Hubpages twice, and found two different Amazon IDs from the same capsule, if that helps at all?

One will be yours, one will be Hubpages.

1. brakel2 profile image88
      brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Someone told me to hover mouse over ad. Doing that, I used to see my code. I followed your instructions and still don't see my code. Will Hubpages and mine by on the same hub at one time?

I right clicked on URL associated with ad, a text box came up re properties. Tell me if that is right, and I will keep checking. I have only had two Amazon sales in a year, and I am checking it out. I only have 14 hubs, so  that may be the reason. Thanks for helping.

1. 0

I don't really understand what 'code' you are looking for?

The code that you enter into the Hubpages affiliate settings screen is a tracker, for example my tracker for Hubpages is:

On your Hubpage 'Winning Tips and Products for Dry Skin' if I right click on the capsule for the product 'Lancome Color Design' and then view properties I can see this URL:

http: // www. amazon. com/Lancome-lancome-color-design/dp/B001HC957E%3FSubscriptionId%3D14H876SFAKFS0EHBYQ02%26tag%3Dhubpagesc015e-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB001HC957E

Within that URL I can see the tracker hubpagesc015e

Which has a 60% chance of being your tracker ID or a 40% chance of being the tracker ID for Hubpages.

I refreshed this a couple of times and then found another tracker which may be the Hubpage ID.

The fact that these are in the URL is all that you really need to worry about. Unless you are talking about the Amazon product ID, the ASIN, which you can find by editing the capsule.

I didn't know that you used to be able to see these by hovering over. If you did used to be able to do this, then perhaps ask yourself what value this would have to the reader experience? No potential customer is going to have any idea what the code means, and that could be off putting.

What I suspect you have actually been told is that when you hover over on the Firefox browser you are able to see the full URL on the bottom of your screen without viewing properties. That is still the case and would make more sense to me.

3. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

...and there you are again - thanks!

4. brakel2 profile image88
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

My purpose is to check to see if my code is embedded, and I am getting credit for sales. At one time, a problem arose that my code was not embedded in some, and Amazon had to correct this for me. I found my code in your example, so thank you very much. I know the code has no value to reader. You are very knowledgable and thorough. Have a great day.

1. 0

Glad that I could help smile