jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

I am new and want to know about what I can promote

1. lencecc profile image60
    lenceccposted 6 years ago

Hi I'm new here and was wondering what are you allowed to put in your Hub? Can you put affiliate links to a product? Is this acceptable to Hubs?

I want to have great Hubs and adhere to the rules, just a bit unsure at the moment. Any good advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Leon

1. tritrain profile image76
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Start out with topics that are of particular interest to you.  It doesn't matter what they are, just that they matter to you.

You could look at some books and magazines that you own and write about a topic in them. 

I have some handy Hubs on my Profile page, regarding finding niches, which you can refer to later.  But first, start with a topic in which you are passionate.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm... I don't see this as answering the OP's questions.

1. tritrain profile image76
          tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm, OK.

HubPages has automated methods of detecting the use of "too many links" to the same site vs. how many words are on the page, etc.

A good starting point would be to write content, and THEN add Amazon products.

You would not be able to use many links (such as clickbank) for affiliate marketing.  Even Squidoo is limiting external links to 9 per page.

Focus on content first and foremost.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You need to read the Learning Center, a link is provided at the buttom of this page, as well as the FAQs, available from the Help menu. To specifically answer your question, read about "Substandard" and "Overly promotional."

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

If you want to know the rules, it's just a simple matter of reading them.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#what_is_allowed

4. lencecc profile image60
    lenceccposted 6 years ago

Thanks all for your replies.

Leo

working