jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Reduced Publishing?

1. Mutiny92 profile image86
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

I think the Panda Pounding has taken its toll on hubbers - not just in views and disproportionate income drops, but also in the number of people publishing.

My morning email from HP used to have a LOT more articles included.  Today, it was down to a grand total of FOUR.

I hope things turn around quickly so people start publishing at the pre-Panda rates again!  I miss the great articles that folks were putting out.

1. lrohner profile image86
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, sign up to follow a couple of spammers. They are as prolific as ever. smile I promise -- your email will be full.

Mutiny92posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol!!

2. recommend1 profile image72
        recommend1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is absolutely correct - and why don't our fearless moderators and slow to react team do something about htem?  they are operating black-hat which is against the TOS and only HP have the necessary information to fix them.

OR will they wait until after the event to make necessary changes - again ?

1. Pearldiver profile image86
          Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sssssshhhhh big_smile  Don't be so direct! big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

My morning email had 14 new hubs published. And, one writer published 4 hubs. wink

I haven't published anything recently, except for I think one hub. I've been going over format/layout changes and keyword/tag research analysis. smile

good point Cags - maybe people are rejiggering their old ones.

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I'm just about ready to publish 2684 www.(everyone else's corporate name) dot com hubs smile
    I've written the obligatory 300 words on each of them.. but I'm a bit worried that if I publish them here... I might get pinged for duplicate content hmm
    But hey.... All those ad impressions could help feed the poor. hmm
    I could become a legend and put the words 'Guru' behind my name! roll

I just published another thread about unbelievable productivity by a few hubbers.  On of them had more than 2,600 in the course of 19 months.  Another had 300 in ONE month.

I must be doing something wrong...I am lucky to average one per day.

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think some of us may be diversifying because of the recent Google slap.  "Don't place all your eggs...."  and all that stuff.  Possibly a combination of several things.  smile

2. Pearldiver profile image86

Well the Dynamics Changed somewhere here.. and They Got Caught.. but can't seem to admit that fact to the 'real people' and writers who feel somewhat betrayed by the fact and justifiably so!

It doesn't matter in the longer term if that crap is dumped, but it does matter that the site gives the appearance that they feel like they have no ethical duty to be transparent with those who have loyally promoted them, with top quality content.

Sorry is a very powerful word.. when meant genuinely! hmm

4. C.V.Rajan profile image66
    C.V.Rajanposted 6 years ago

I write a lot in discussion forums of all troubled sites!

I can vouch for that, CV.  smile  At least one of them, anyway! cool

1. Pearldiver profile image86

Oh I left you a message on that congrats thread RG - You might find it interesting - my famous last words! big_smile

Gotcha, PD!smile 

Famous?  Maybe!  But not your last words, I wager!  smile

working