jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Number of Hubs per Month

1. Mutiny92 profile image88
    Mutiny92posted 5 years ago

I have been looking at older hubs and found several hubbers with a massive amount of hubs published in a short time.  I am sure that some folks who do this full time have a lot, but I don't understand how others are doing it.

One hubber I found has an impressive 2,600 hubs in 19 months.  Another with over 300 hundred in the course of a month.

That is some impressive productivity!  I am lucky to average one per day.  Any ideas how these folks are able to keep that going?

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some people do nothing but write Hubs.  Others may have old writing in their files, and post that as Hubs.    I've written about 350 in 3 and a half years, and I keep deleting the "seemed like a good idea at the times" as I write a new one here or there.  Sometimes there's nothing I feel like writing (a lot of times, actually), so I'll wait until I get an idea in the forums or the questions section.  Then I'll hate them later.  I wish I had a couple of thousand after all this time....   Oh well.......  Productive, I'm not.  I can't feel bad about it, though.  I do Hubs on top of "the rest of life".  We all do what we do.

2. Jean Bakula profile image98
      Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It takes me 3 or 4 hours to write a hub on Word, just to research my topic and decide what I want to say. If I use pictures, it takes longer to find them and put them in a file I can use to put them on HP. My computer skills are average, but then it takes me at least  2 hrs. to get my hub up onto HP and get it the way I want it to look. Plus now the layout is going to be different. If you look closely at the ones people churn out fast,  they aren't long on information, are mostly opinion pieces or religious ones, taken right from the Bible, not even in the "writers" own words. They are short. My hubs average almost 1800 words most of the time.

2. Monisajda profile image85
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

I have no idea. I manage one or two per week but it is only because I have children with me all the time and only time I get to write is when they are asleep, not much at all. I believe some of them may be actually copying from their own blog and deleting it from there, just a guess.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Did you take a closer look at the hubs? Some hubbers simply publish hubs that contain nothing but photographs or very low quality spun material. If you think they are posting spam, it's a good idea to report them.

I think my best month saw about 60 hubs published.

1. Mutiny92 profile image88
      Mutiny92posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have reported them.  Almost every hub is identical in format and virtually the same length.

4. CASE1WORKER profile image87
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

i did the 30 in 30, but never again - pressure!!!
    again it is quality that is required rather than quantity