jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Article length

1. beestablished profile image61
    beestablishedposted 6 years ago

I am new to the system.  I do not know how long my article should be?   
    How many words are considered to be an average size article?
    Is there a words counter on the Hub web?
    I appreciate your help in advance.
    Thank you

1. barryrutherford profile image29
      barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When you have created a hub there is a Statistic tab at the top of the hub.  Click on that and the far right side hub metrics tab will give you a word count.

Minimum word count of 500 is a good guide...

2. beestablished profile image61
      beestablishedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much.

2. matherese profile image60
    mathereseposted 6 years ago

When i joined hub pages about two months ago i was told an article of about 500words could be published. If you are able to write more  that's great

Thank you so much

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I think 500 is a good starting point. The more words that make quality hubs, the better.;-)

Thankyou for your reply

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

I would say 500 - 1200 is optimum.

Any less than you may not have enough to say on the subject to justify discussing it, any more and you may be better off looking at splitting into a couple of seperate hubs.

Thank you so much

5. MarilynMorrison profile image61
    MarilynMorrisonposted 6 years ago

I agree.

6. profile image0
    Grandma Jeanposted 6 years ago

I'm new as of yesterday.  I wrote a short story as an introduction and will be working on more.  Do I start a new page for each new story or article?  Or do I let a couple of spaces, type a new title, and then the new story or article?  This hub will be all cat stories based on my own cat.

1. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it is between 500-100 words, it can be one hub, but the articles in the hub must relate to the title. Make sure the title is broad enough to cover the articles you write. Each article goes in a separate text box. For example, a hub on swimming pools, can be about all the stages you go through -opening the pool, closing the pool, equipment etc. If it was too long, you could make two hubs.

7. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 6 years ago

Paul Deeds (Co-Founder and General Manager of HubPages) commented on the thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/70209?page=3 in answer to questions regarding w/c:

You mention a 400 word minimum, but we also haven't issued any edicts about how many words a non-poetry hub must have to be acceptable.  We do automatically prevent hubs that are almost devoid of content from being published (outside of poetry), but we review the slightly longer hubs on a case by case basis.  You can say a lot in 300 words, and you can also say nothing in 1500 words.

working