The Google algo changes has drastically reduced traffic for most hubbers. A lot has been said about how to get traffic levels and rankings back for individual hubs since the changes. I am sure many of us have done a lot of tweaking, backlinking etc for hubs to improve hubs traffic. Here are a few strategies I want to discuss and want to know If you have tried any of these and how has it affected your traffic and earnings?
1) Remove RSS and News Capsules.
2) Do a lot of backlinking.
3) Remove Amazon from non-sales hub.
4) Get on with writing more Hubs.
5) All of the above.
Any other strategies that you might have used please elaborate on it.
Doing most of this..but it is too early days to know how effective they are.. and the Google UK algo roll out seems to have made things even worse ...I guess
1) Waste of time.
3) Waste of time.
4) Debatable. Depends if hubpages can remove the garbage affecting the rest of the site.
6. None of the above
I did nothing to my hubs, but they are going back to the pre panda traffic days. (I am no expert in these things, but somehow, doing nothing helped me.)
I think the best way to go is with number 2, but my advice would be to think carefully about which hubs to backlink.
Some topics are unlikely to do well however much you backlink such as anything where google now prefers "expert" info such as health advice and financial advice.
I'd advocate choosing 10 hubs with the most traffic potential and the least competition and start getting some backlinks for them.
1. Didn't have any.
2. Started backlinking about one month ago- started by doing what SusanaS said by picking a niche of 20 hubs and have concentrated on that. Another niche which was backlinked last year is still doing very well, most hubs on 1st/2nd page. Although sales have dropped significantly.
3. I saw that Nellie recommended doing this a few weeks back, so I went through all my hubs and removed all Amazon sales from my non-sales hubs, purely to target Adsense. I also added between 75-150 words to those hubs.
4. No I have stopped writing for now, concentrating on other stuff.
I have tried some things but 1 in particular seems to be working a little - I resubmitted my URLs to google. There is nothing that says this will work long term but it seems to have helped
I am slowly revisiting all my hubs and trying to improve..
1. Attractiveness - pictures and layout
2. Content - write more, write better, write funnier, sharpen up.
3. Titles - these need to be spot on for any chance of a hit now.
4. Removing RSS, news feeds, Amazon (never sold anything anyway) - I don't know if this works, just doing it anyway.
I am trying to think - if someone found my title - what are they looking for and was my page of any interest or amusement to them? Would they think it worth sharing or linking? Or will they immediately back arrow?
It's an interesting exercise.
Caveat. This is just what I am doing. I don't know if it works. I am not an expert.
it seems that the standard is having to be raised. It is happening eveywhere. I go to the pool for aqua aerobics, have been going years just for fun. All of a sudden, we have to take our pulse before and after, if it is lower than 10 ask if we really want to be there at all.
Crazy World if you ask me...... Who wants to be brilliant at everything......
by GlendaGoodWitch2 years ago
Is there a way to restore our traffic after this Panda update?
by Rajinder Soni5 years ago
My HP traffic down since last three to four days and it's a matter of great concern for me. I have already written 50 hubs for the contest but still I am not seeing the traffic that I was seeing post google algorithm...
by Ramachandra A Pai20 months ago
I saw backlinking as one. What exactly is backlinking? How can we use Google Webmaster Tools to improve traffic? What are the changes to be made in the crawl rate after logging in, if any? Its been close to three months...
by Scott Biddulph4 years ago
Hey Guys and Gals, Man, I have just about had it with the traffic issues here at the Hubpages. I have published over 100 hubs here in two years. I have won several awards, I have had over 10, 000 views, and I have a...
by najiasalman15 years ago
Today i have noticed that my traffic to all the hubs is drastically down and i am much worried about it. Have you also noticed this? Please guide me what should i do. My traffic is lost. LOT OF BLUE DOWN ARROWS ON STATS...
by Christy Kirwan8 weeks ago
Many people have asked how the new sites are performing so far. The latest Newsletter provides a general overview, but I'd also like to invite Hubbers who have had Hubs moved to discuss your experiences here. Overall,...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.