jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

EPN experts?

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago

Although I make money with the ebay partner network - I am not really an expert and had a question for any experts out there.

Since the Panda update, the quality of traffic here has dropped considerably as far as EPN goes - basically not buying traffic any more - presumably because it is not US based, so therefore may click and visit ebay, but not buy anything.

Upshot is - my EPN click values here have dropped drastically (down to 0 cents some days) and this is bringing my average click values down.

My question is - does anyone know at what point my account will be in jeopardy because the click values are so low if I continue sending poor converting traffic?

1. Joy56 profile image60
      Joy56posted 5 years ago in reply to this

lloks like no one has the ansers for you Mark

2. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

i refrain from claiming expertise..

but with similar concerns I can state that long periods under .04 is considered a danger zone, and many at .02 level complain about cancellation at EPn and phpBay forums

Careful use of campaigns SHOULD provide some protection.

A 3k item sale saved me this month, but I may not be able to continue ePn at Hubs

Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks - I am trying to decide what to do before I get my account canceled. Haven't quite got down that low across my account, but the HP values are worrying. I run a separate campaign for HP, but I am still concerned with how poor the value has become.

Yay! Good for you on the big sale.

3. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 5 years ago

I remembered this thread -

Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah - I remember that. Sunseven was not the only one around that time.

4. lakeerieartists profile image80
    lakeerieartistsposted 5 years ago

Yes, mine dropped too, but not to that point, and has picked up some now.  But you are right to be concerned.

5. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

Mine hasn't dropped at all - the income has, but not the click value.

Mind you, I've never written any Hubs targeted directly at eBay sales.  I also went through my Hubs a while ago (after a post by Sunforged) and removed eBay from a lot of my Hubs, leaving only the ones where the product was directly related.