jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (20 posts)

Biopsy procedure over!

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Thank goodness! The surgeon took two plugs from my left hip, with the use of a hammer, and did an aspiration, also. He told hubby I had really hard bones, so at least I don't have to worry about osteoporosis. I was very sore yesterday - felt like someone had beaten me with a hammer. The incision site hardly hurt at all, but the pain down my left leg was pretty bad whenever I moved. I feel better today. Now I have to wait about 10 days for the results.

I really appreciate all the prayers, emails, and good wishes from my Hub family! You guys rock!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oww... I had a liver biopsy once and I thought that was painful...

Glad it's over smile

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Felt like being beat with a hammer, did it?  I wonder why, as he hammered away? big_smile

Glad to hear it's done, Habee, and that you're feeling as good as you are.  Thanks for the update.

3. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

A hammer?!! No wonder you're sore! Here's to good results, and for any and all pain to disappear ASAP!

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I bet your glad that's over, and I'm glad it went well. I'll be thinking of you until you get the results -- which I'm sure will be good news!

5. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

Get well soon Habee- hope the results are good.

6. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 5 years ago

My most positive thoughts are with you for the best outcome and recovery:)

7. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

Goodness girly, you sure are making that doctor work for his money ain't ya? big_smile

Didn't know that hammers were official medical tools wink

Glad to hear you are doing well and hope that the results will be good. Here's to your health!

8. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Glad it wasn't too bad for you; but - oh, brother, now you've got quite a wait, haven't you...  hmm.   Hopefully, the news at the end of the wait will be only of the "good variety".

9. Pandoras Box profile image82
    Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago

Hey the no osteoporosis news is excellent! That spine should be hard enough to carry the twins well into the future! Good news!

I hope the test results bring news just as cheering!

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The twins said LOL!!

10. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

Glad to hear it went well and your back home resting. smile

11. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Wish you a quick recovery and prayers for healthy results from me smile

12. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 5 years ago

Hang on!!!

13. Money Glitch profile image89
    Money Glitchposted 5 years ago

A hammer OMG! Hope it was one of those small surgical tools and not a household hammer. Oh my!  Glad to hear at least that part is over.  Still sending posiitve thoughts your way.  Take care amd get well soon, 'my Georgia Cooking Queen.'  big_smile big_smile

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure it was a sledge hammer!

14. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Good to hear. Thank you for the update. smile

15. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

Your bones are probably still shaking from all that hammering wink  Glad to know that everything went well.

16. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Hope that you get over it soon, that the wait won't be too nerve-wracking and that the results are good.

17. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Echoing the good wishes and hopes!!

Be glad you don't have to worry about osteoporosis.  My mama has it and her bones crumble like powder. I'm very glad you won't have to worry about that - and will keep hoping and praying that your biopsy results are good.