jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Hey everyone!

1. Stethoscope profile image73
    Stethoscopeposted 8 years ago

I'm a new 'hubber' going by the name of 'Stethoscope'.  I just posted my first hub today, and I'm feeling a real sense of achievement!  Phew! (if any experienced hubber has time, I'd appreciate it if they could check it out and tell me if everything's as it should be.)

I've been playing with the idea of joining an advertising-revenue-powered writing site for quite some time now, and finally settled on HubPages yesterday.  I'm hoping to make myself a little extra cash here and there for medical school, and also - if I'm lucky - find some hubbers with similar interests!

Thanks for taking the time to read this introduction, feel free to contact or befriend me!

P.S. I haven't seen many introductions kicking around, which (in my experience online) is unusual for a set of Internet forums.  If there's some rule banning posts like this, I am sincerely sorry: I must've overlooked it.

1. robie2 profile image92
      robie2posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well howdy, Stethoscope and welcome. Pleased to meet you. loved your hub and really love your dog--what a sweetie. Look forward to more from you smile

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image81
    Ryan Hupferposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the intro, Stethoscope and awesome first Hub!

Looks like this guy is getting smarter by the second...

What all are you going to be writing about?

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 8 years ago

Welcome dude.  I look forward to checking out some of your hubs.  But, um, I gotta tell you, if you're planning on paying for medical school with this, well, I suggest a correspondence school with no tuition or book fees.  From what I've seen and read, nobody is pulling down bank on here.  You might be able to swing the postage though!!!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It's true that not everybody makes significant money on HubPages, but some people do, depending on what you consider "pulling down bank"...  There are about a hundred hubbers making over $100 a month in AdSense revenue, and ten making over $1000 (up to $2,500) a month.

4. 0
    listenupposted 8 years ago

Welcome. I'm fairly new too. But so far have made a little over $2.00. Ah, but it's fun. Good job

5. Stethoscope profile image73
    Stethoscopeposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!  Don't worry about my medical education, I wasn't honestly planning on trying to pay for it all using online methods!  I was more suggesting that I'll hopefully be able to pick up the odd pay out here and there!

Ryan - I've got a lot (well, about 40) of ideas for 'how-to' guides (no specific topic, just everything and anything I feel like!).  I'll also hopefully get into some discursive writing on medical topics, but I'd like to establish myself first!

Thank you also to all who checked out my hub - I'll be sure to return the favour!

P.S. Sorry robie2, that's not actually my dog!  I was hoping to get a picture up of mine, but my camera is broken.  I have a black labrador called 'Jett'.

1. Inspirepub profile image87
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Good first hub, Stethoscpe.

"How-To" Guides are great topics on which to write. Many of the visits to my hubs came from searches starting with "how to ....".

6. Veronica Bright profile image58
    Veronica Brightposted 8 years ago

I liked it.  Very good hub.  You sure you haven't done this before?????

7. Veronica Bright profile image58
    Veronica Brightposted 8 years ago

I liked it.  Very good hub.  You sure you haven't done this before?????

8. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
    Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages!

9. terenceyap07 profile image59
    terenceyap07posted 8 years ago

A very good first hub, my Scotish friend. You wouldn't per chance be pulling the mickey over me, would you lad? LOL!

A fine first hub, indeed.

10. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

Welcome, Stethoscope ... you're off to a great start!