jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Hubscore dropping like crazy

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

My hubscore has dropped by 7 points in last two days. Don't know what's wrong as I have not followed anyone in the last week or so. My traffic too is steady and followers have increased too. Can it be a case of my hubs being marked own by fellow hubbers etc.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I very much doubt it. smile

1. sid_candid profile image61
        sid_candidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is it possible I can know which are the hubs so that I can work on them.

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
          paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I’ve been known to periodically modify my hubs with the lowest hub scores… smile

2. Alexander Pease profile image61
      Alexander Peaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My hubscore fluctuates from day-to-day. It really depends on the time of day that reader view your hubs. Most readers will view from 8 o'clock in the morning to 6 o'clock at night. So, it is best to publish hubs during that time. Also, if older hubs have less keywords, they may not be reaching your target audience.

When the hub statistics are renewed, it calculates a number of things to determine your hubscore. It is not just the amount of views. For instance, if you do not publish new hubs periodically, it can cause your hubscore to drop slightly.

I would recommend going here, then tuning up your hubpages to get an optimal performance. http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Seven points is not "dropping like crazy.". That sounds like an entirely normal ebb and flow pattern.

1. Alexander Pease profile image61
      Alexander Peaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To some users who are not used to a drop of that nature, it may see like crazy. When I first joined hubpages, any drop in my hubscore was a "crazy drop". Now, I know that it is completely normal.

2. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree, normal swings I would think, or at least they are normal to me. smile

3. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 6 years ago

It does happen, sometimes... I keep shifting between 98 and 94 for the last three weeks.. a drop of four points in a day...But it doesn't really matter because at the end of the day, you need to worry about your traffic and the $ you made. What is a hub score?

1. iamalegend profile image73
      iamalegendposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have any idea why my hubber score on 1?

1. sofs profile image86
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

the only reason I could think of is content that is not original... It would seem impossible to have that score otherwise ... sorry this is not meant to offend but I guess it may be pretty close to the truth.

working