jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Thanks Edweirdo, finally using your forum filter

1. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I finally broke down and installed Edweirdo's forum filter. Seems like the politics and religion crap is blasting full tilt around here, even though I sometimes chime in.

Wow, what a difference it makes! Really drives home how much wasted time and hot air people spend in those useless forums. I bet you could power some small cities with that energy! big_smile

I'm never going to allow those again and hope I forget they are even here. Thanks Edweirdo!! smile smile

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is it? I never noticed. But that's because I use Edweirdo's forum filter.

2. Edweirdo profile image94
      Edweirdoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad you're enjoying the filter, Bill!

I've been working on it for the last week or so, and I'm constantly turning it on and off as I work on the code.

One day last week I fired up my computer, having forgotten that I'd disabled the filter the day before. Nearly the whole first page of the forum was religious and political threads, and the titles of the threads alone made me cringe.

I come to the forums to see what's going on with HubPages, not to see a bunch of people screaming and ranting at each other. Do any of them actually believe that they're going to change anyone's mind? Has anyone, ever, had their views or beliefs influenced by something they read on a forum?!?! Incredible waste of time...

I don't think I would even bother visiting the forums anymore if I had to look at that stuff everyday!

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
        EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Twice.  But that's been over a period of about 13 years, so it doesn't happen often lol

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

big_smile another Edweirdo convert!  It's a wonderful thing, isn't it?
    You will forget they are there, and sometimes there will not be many threads showing!  Sometimes I may enter (a blocked forum) through the link on the left sidebar and see what's going on, but then I exit. It's always the same stuff.

3. Mikeydoes profile image80
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

I haven't been on my home computer much to use it.. I really could do without all the religion topics.