1. marlena1974 profile image59
    marlena1974posted 5 years ago

Do views mean the same thing as impressions?  Also, from the reading I've done, I've gathered that in monetary terms it's best to have outside traffic, but I've also gathered that it's just as important to have traffic here on HB and also through networking with friends through Twitter, FB, etc.   I understand these are equally as important but what I don't understand are the reasons why if in fact, fellow hubbers and family/friends cannot and should not click on the ads. 

Can someone help explain this to me or direct me to a hub that can help me understand this?  Not that my sole concern is monetary( I don't really think it actually is for most aspiring writers).  I'm just new here and am trying to understand the site and the do's and the do not's, the pointers, the advice, etc.  Thank you in advance.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Pageviews are a broader term compared with impressions. For example, you will generate pageviews when editing your hubs. Someone who uses an ad blocker will also generate pageviews. But no impressions are generated in either situation.

You will receive 60% of the page impressions once you have activated an AdSense and/or other affiliate account.

Internal traffic may help a little with search engine rankings, and of course you may appreciate the feedback. In terms of income, it is external traffic that really counts.

1. marlena1974 profile image59
      marlena1974posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very informative, Website Examiner.  You have cleared up some doubts I had.  Thank you very much!