jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

First hub, advice please

1. Ashley Anne profile image68
    Ashley Anneposted 5 years ago

I posted my first hub today and then became a little shy...thinking I probably need a lot of help to do this.  I LOVE to write so I hope I can get some feedback and learn from fellow hubbers.  Please give advice on my writing.  As I said...I am really new to this.  Thanks!

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

A well written hub with some good thoughts for others.  Some hints, though, for writing hubs:

Include some photos.  It breaks up the long text box and helps 'net visitors to navigate easier.

The last paragraph has an extra line feed in it.

Some of your paragraphs are pretty long for internet writing.  Readers are mostly skimmers and long text blocks and paragraphs turn them off.

Additional text capsules with headers would help break up the hub as well, and make it easier to insert photos where you want them.  I would suggest at least 3 to 4 text capsules for a hub this long.

I like your basic style, and I like the way you present your suggestions.  Some practice, some learning techniques and you will go far.  Well done!

3. Wayne Tully profile image61
    Wayne Tullyposted 5 years ago

Yeah good job...the more you write here the better you get at using the hubpages tools and modules! keep up with it!

4. Ashley Anne profile image68
    Ashley Anneposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions.  I had no idea what a capsule was or how it would appear once published.  Now that I figured it out, I will definitely use this advice.  I am going to try to learn as much as I can. Thanks again!