jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

So You Think You Can Write Contest Logo Inclusion

1. 0
    Ghost32posted 5 years ago

Okay, so I got the email saying that to enter a Hub in next month's So You Think You Can Write Online contest, I need only include the logo anywhere on the page.

But...uh-h-h...does that mean just copy and paste, or is there some High Masonic secret handshake needed to make the thing trigger HP's programming awareness of the logo-tagged Hub? 

Procedure, please!

And while we're at it:  Maybe this already exists and I'm missing it, but how about a Forum Category specializing in Contest Issues...eh?

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hiya Ghost32!
      To answer your question: including the image will NOT enter your Hub in the contest- it might even hurt your chances of winning since irrelevant photos might distract from the Hub's purpose.
      The one and only way to enter your Hub in the contest is to include the WritingContest tag before publishing. Hope that helps, and I'm really glad you brought this up!

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

here is the official link.
    http://hubpages.com/help/so-you-think-y … ite-online

the logo is an image, correct?  so I think you insert it in a photo capsule like with the Hubmob.

remember not to hit publish yet.

EDIT: no, I'm not certain you need the image. I just read the rules. it says to use the tag, writing contest, which you would enter in the Tags section.

1. Howard S. profile image85
      Howard S.posted 5 years ago in reply to this

And that's WritingContest with no space--in the rules anyway. But they contain supposed errors, so who knows?

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It may be written that way purposefully for tweeting contest hubs with a hash tag like this, #writingcontest. I'm just guessing..

3. 0
    Ghost32posted 5 years ago

Thanks for the clues.  Guess I'll just do both (image and tag) until further notice--once the contest starts, of course.

working