jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Seasonal Hubs

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image90
    DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago

I did something I regret and wrote a seasonal hub.  Now its score is languishing in no-follow land and bringing down my total hub score.  Do I just leave it there and let it languish until the holiday rolls around again?  Or do I delete it?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image85
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would leave it. You will be amazed how many holiday hubs gets views all year round. I have gotten a few on my Christmas hubs this week. Whatever, leave the around and they will pick up more closer to the season.

2. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

Which hub are you talking about? Is it the Un-Valentines Day?

I wouldn't delete a seasonal hub. Never know when someone will find it. It may do well again for you next season.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

How old is this hub?  I've got hubs that get only 1 or 2 visits per month but still manage to keep a score in the 60's.

I've also got a few seasonal hubs (summer) written last fall that have never done well - I keep them hoping that when the right season comes around they will perform.

*edit* you know a score is only no follow below 40, right?

4. DIYweddingplanner profile image90

Tt IS the Un-Valentine's and it's got a 68...ugh.

1. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I read that one. It is a good hub. I would leave it up. The score goes up and down on all hubs. it may get lower at times for seasonal hubs, but will rise again.

I write a lot of NFL hubs. Some scores stay higher, but people read about football year round.

The hubs on fantasy football will drop way off after the NFL season, but climb back up when August comes around.

The same will happen with your Un-Valentines Day hub.

DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks, Michael.  I'll leave it.  Maybe I should add a subtitle..."Celebrate your Divorce Party"!  That's definitely year-round!

1. Michael Willis profile image77
          Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was thinking just that when I was looking at your hubs.  You might think about writing a hub on "Planning Your Divorce Party."  I hear those are becoming a new fad in some places. I don't think the web is overly crowded with information in that niche.

lol, see the banner hanging in the party room, "Out with the old, In with the new!" In some cases, music could be "Another One Bites The Dust."

yikes

5. DIYweddingplanner profile image90

I keep hearing a "no-follow" is below 75.  I looked at alot of my titles through google and found no follows on them.

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

An individual hub score has to be below 40 for the links in it to be NoFollow. If your overall author score falls below 75, then all of your links in all of your hubs are NoFollow. And if you're not worried about the NoFollow/DoFollow thing, then don't worry about hub or author scores. They are meaningless.

6. smalika profile image60
    smalikaposted 5 years ago

DIY wedding planner.. you nearly gave me a heart attack.. I was thinking how harsh it is for the links to become no follow only because the hub score is below 75.. phew...

Sorry Smalika, there's alot of misinformation out there!

And Irohner, I try not to let it bother me but when my author score takes a tumble, that's when I really notice!

I'm just going to play with that hub every now and then to perk it up a little, but don't think I'm gonna write a seasonal again unless it's a crafty kind of thing.

7. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I have  number of seasonal/holiday hubs as well and they do drop considerably after their time.
    they usually don't drop below the 50's so i try to tweak them with new info and pics.
    just tweak them a bit to keep them a little fresh..roll

I just re-read that little hub and I love it and I'm keeping it!  Eventually, it will be loved again, too!

working