jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Forum content

1. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Whatever are you talking about? smile

Many of us use Edweirdo's forum filter to block all of the religious and political threads so we don't have to deal with them or see them. It's pure bliss. smile

Edited to add: Looks like the OP deleted his original post. This is not my thread!

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 6 years ago in reply to this

so you're saying.."ignorance is bliss?"

"hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil".
      hmm,putting the blinders on to block out what you don't want to deal with may be a little dangerous...i want to know what people are talking about...even the crazies..wink

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did anybody ever tell you what happens when you assume? smile

I'm not blocking out "things" I don't want to deal with. I'm blocking out the insane, fanatical, proselytizing psychopaths that frequent those forums. And yes. That is bliss. smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
          rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

agreed. I don't come to the forums to see the latest thread titles screaming for attention. I'll go to the NYT or a news magazine to read what I choose.. without the hysterical headlines. smile

one more thing before I sign off, with the new version, you can also block a specific thread from the forum categories that you can see. It's a nice new feature!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
            Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just wish it worked on my iPad smile

2. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lrohner - This is the most brilliant thing EVER!  I'm going to send Edweirdo my own little thank you...Now that I've installed it, how do I make it work?

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lrohner, never mind!  We got it.  And yes, it is BLISS!!

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

you need the forum filter from Edweirdo!
    I can't see one political or religious thread title, it's heaven.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image83
      theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

forum filter?  I must go on a hunt to find this!

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He also has this hub which explains how it works. You must use Firefox 4 or Chrome. http://hubpages.com/hub/Edweirdos-Forum … -Firefox-4  smile

He asks for a very small donation which is less than someone pays for a Starbucks coffee. I think it's a dollar something. Many who downloaded the first version didn't donate..

1. theherbivorehippi profile image83
          theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OMG...awesome...I will download this later when I get back home!  I'm so excited for this.  Thanks!  And...absolutely...will donate!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

It's the same arguments over and over and over again...

4. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago
  5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Aware's first post was about how come there were so many forum threads on religion?

Apparently he deleted his OP. Oh well.....I'll agree with one post on this thread- Ignorance is bliss. That blissfulness leads ignorance to be chosen more so than just existing in and of itself. tongue

Oh well....not too much of a surprise.

working