Word Choices for Giving Hub Feedback

1. WannaB Writer profile image92
    WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago

I try to read a lot of hubs, as I'm sure most of you do. Deciding whether to give a thumbs up or thumbs down is usually a no brainer. What's much harder is deciding which of these words to click: useful, funny, awesome, or beautiful. Sometimes none of these words express my thoughts after reading a hub.

Here are some of the words I wish were there: poignant, inspirational, moving, disturbing (or heavy), and profound (instead of awesome?) These are some of the reactions I've had to some very-well written hubs that I would not label as any of the given choices. Such hubs include those on abusive situations, bereavement, and other topics that leave us disturbed (that such things happen) or moved (because our emotions are affected) or, perhaps, inspired (because of the way the hubber handled a problem or situation.) As writers, we constantly are in search of precise words. That's why I often just give a thumbs up and skip the other choices if they don't fit. I reveal the true response in the comments.

Any feedback on this?

2. smackins1974 profile image80
    smackins1974posted 5 years ago

I would like to see a general good listed in the chioces I have read loads of hubs that I would have labelled good but not beautiful or awesome and sometimes the hubs just aren't meant to be useful or funny.
    Definately agree more choices would improve people voting on hubs