jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Unpublished/Unfinished Hubs...

1. Walt Smith profile image61
    Walt Smithposted 6 years ago

I had a Hub that I had been working on a little bit at a time, I recently tried to go in and finish it. Not happening, everytime I try to edit, it goes into the editing window then it freezes up. I finally had to delete it and start over, anyone know why it did that, or was it just fate telling me that the hub...sucked?...W

2. SunSeven profile image64
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

Try a different browser. Firefox should do fine, I guess.

1. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I recently switched to Chrome and browser problems when in HubPages has significantly improved.

2. Walt Smith profile image61
      Walt Smithposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just got Windows Internet Expolrer 9, It has been working fine so far. It could have caused the glitch when I upgraded, never thought of that...Thanks Sun Seven and Ms Dee for your valued advice, good luck to you both...W

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image70
        PaulaHenry1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am having nothing but problems w/ 9----I've been using Chrome even tho I'm not thrilled with it.

3. Pandoras Box profile image83
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

Sometimes the site acts up. Perhaps if you'd tried again the next day it would have been fine. I've had similar problems dozens of times. Generally if I leave it alone and go do something else and come back to it the next day or a couple of days later, whatever the problem was is fixed.

Yeah it probably would have waited, I on the other hand have to work on MY patience. thanks for the advice Pandora, still keeping an eye on that box I hope. smile ...W

4. Rosie2010 profile image84
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

Something similar had happened to me.  After I edited a capsule, a sign would appear saying to click edit again, there was an error in saving.  But no matter how many times I clicked the darn "edit" and saved, the error was still there.  So I just copied the text and deleted the capsule, added another capsule and pasted the text.  I think it was just a glitch in the system.

I never thought of pasting, I was frustrated enough with it. That was a brilliant idea, I had the knowledge just not the ability I suppose... Thanks Rosie for the advice, good luck to you and all you do...W

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Just to add to this, I have been using Chrome for the past year and it's been fine, EXCEPT with the HP quiz capsule.
    Might try using another browser to fix it.
    Have a hub started and still unpublished after several weeks because I can't get the quiz capsule to behave!

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
      GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Every quiz capsule I have created has only been accomplished with the help of the team at hub pages.  Every time I end up with a problem and it holds up the entire Hub until the quiz capsule is corrected.

I have tried to fix it myself but it won't delete and allow me to finish it.

Very frustrating and time consuming.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That doesn't forbode well.

Have you tried all the browsers? Is it the same with all of them?

I did notice that certain team members have managed to write a quiz hub, but I'm struggling...

working