jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

FFA sites

1. vietnamese profile image77
    vietnameseposted 8 years ago

I've been reading a lot on the net regarding FFA, but I am still confused about FFA. Seemed like FFA are mostly free directory submission sites. So, you shouldn't use directory sites or use the paid one? Well, we don't have enough money to pay all those sites do we? Besides, Google doesn't like paid link sites anyway....

I've been ditching all the directory sites, but would like to see opinions about them!

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I have no idea what FFA means.  Can you explain?

3. shawna.wilson profile image91
    shawna.wilsonposted 8 years ago

I think FFA stands for "Free for All"

4. hot dorkage profile image79
    hot dorkageposted 8 years ago

FFA were popular 10 years ago.  People try to force feed them links.  Don't use them.  They suck.  Nobody looks at them.  They are full of spammy and crap.

5. britneydavidson profile image59
    britneydavidsonposted 8 years ago

yes you are right hot dorkage

Its all spam and no result out of it. Even the most important is google is never giving any importance to such FFA ( Free for all ) sites. So why to waste time. If they are really free then why they are not popular or approved by google while ranking.

6. Mark Marek profile image61
    Mark Marekposted 8 years ago

Spam that you will never get rid of is a guarantee. If you were tricked into signing up for listing on a FFA site, your best bet is to change your email address and forget the old one. You'll continue receiving hundreds of spam emails for the rest of your life.

As for the benefits - there are none. You will get no exposure, no traffic, no link juice. Google doesn't recommend utilizing FFA link farms as it could harm your SERP, however at the same time it is more probable that such link would have no effect (no positive effect, but also no negative) on your ranking, because if search engines were penalizing for links on FFA sites, your competition could submit it there just to drop your ranking.

No benefits, only crap loads of spam mail. Hence not worth it.