jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Hubpages ad program CPM Dropping

1. sid_candid profile image59
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I joined hubpages ad program about a week and CPM has been dropping since the 2nd day and today it is 1/4th of what it was on first day. Is there a reason for this and how can I improve it?

2. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

I am going to be very honest and straight to the point with you. You are on here everyday worrying about your earnings, saying that your dreams are shattered, worrying about stats every hour.

If you want to make money you need to stop checking your stats every ten minutes, stop asking questions on the forum, and go and read as much as you can about keywords.

You are not making money, because you haven't grasped the very basics of online writing. If you can learn how to select keywords for your titles effectively then the money will follow.

As far as I can see you have 306 hubs which have been written without any regard to keyword research. Reading the many hubpages about keywords will cost you nothing and will be the only way that you will ever make money online.

I don't have to feel guilty about telling you this because I have seen people say it to you about a dozen times. I won't be answering any of your questions until you show a willingness to learn about keywords, because until you do your efforts are 95% misplaced.

Until I see you making wholesale changes to your titles and subtitles, based upon the results of a genuine willingness to read and learn, you are a lost cause.

You say that making money online is your dream. The only way that you will realise that dream is by doing a little bit of reading, that is what the rest of us have had to do to achieve a decent income.

sid_candidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate your advice as always and I always respect people who talk straight and honest. Ryan you are certainly one of my inspiration here. I am ready to put in the effort to improve my keyword research skills. I know there are many hubs on this topic. can you suggest me a few which are just outstanding.

3. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago
      sid_candidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Ryan I will go through these hubs.

4. tritrain profile image78
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

Probably because there are more publishers (being added to the program) relative to the number of advertisers.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Flawed logic, and completely opposite to what I am seeing. I had my two biggest days on Wednesday and Thursday after having been in the program since 3rd March.

5. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I tend to forget about this link:

I suspect it will keep you busy for awhile. It does me. smile

1. BaliMermaid profile image61
      BaliMermaidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have appreciated the advice from the title tuner about what is current search terms used to find topics such as a specific hub. Hoecwever so far the suggested terms to add, for my hubs, would have resulted in lower value cpm for me.

So I still always check they  appreciated advice from the title tuner, but no longer automatically add those terms unless they fit into my keyword plans for that hub.