jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Where are the tags on hubs?

1. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

Is it me or have they vanished? I can't see them anywhere. That for a reason or a glitch? I was editing, noticed, checked others out and can't see them.

2. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

I just noticed this and thought that I was cracking up. Hopefully they are doing away with them. I can't explain why I hope that.

3. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

You would think that the hub staff would inform us of such a major change.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is probably a bug, personally I wouldn't want to be informed of every single glitch. The title 'tags' still exists, the tags are just not displayed.

Neither would I want them to inform us if they were experimenting. I am 80% certain that it is a glitch.

The other 20% of me hopes that the whole tag system is done away with, along with about 30 other page leaks. I would also give priority in the related hubs section to similar hubs written by the same author. In fact, I would rename it "more by this author".

The facebook widget would go. The forum and questions crap would go. Comments boxes sitewide defined to show just 5 comments, with page numbers, for people to scroll through the comments.

4. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

It must be a glitch because the contest starts soon and we have a tag to use for it.

5. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The tags "could be"- the only way to make adjustment now would be through edit mode.

But, do keywords/tags distract readers?

Not to mention- those who come to steal your work, don't just steal your work, but your keywords/tags to go with said work.

Personally, if it could be set to where it's only viewable to the author if signed in, but on the outside of the hub and not available to the reader. It would probably work best.

However, as I was thinking about that, I could see Hubpages doing it for protection of self. The Hubpages Ad Program forbids a hubber from constantly viewing their own hubs, to drive impressions and by placing the keywords/tags into strictly edit mode, then requires a hubber to enter the hub to change anything. The object would prevent hubbers from using the excuse that they were changing keywords/tags, physically making changes(with the intention of getting impressions) adding keywords/tags. I would think it would help Hubpages gauge it's traffic.

Just my thoughts on it.

6. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

I see tags on Hubs.

It might have been a temporary glitch. tongue

7. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The tags are back on the hub I checked. When I checked earlier, they did disappear. Thank you Jason.