jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Magazine Page for HubPages

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I have heard that Google is supporting or creating "magazine pages".  Would it be possible for HubPages to provide a separate page that allows us as writers to create a monthly magazine page?

I have over 250 Hubs and so many get lost over time.  It would be nice to promote some of these in an organized manner and with the seasons or with the topics.  Many of my Hubs are simply holiday and don't really pertain to spring or summer.  Some are about swim fitness which I know has a limited market.  Some are art only.

1. Teddletonmr profile image83
      Teddletonmrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For give me for asking, how would you see a magazine page help to organize HubPages?

2. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I love the question - thank you for responding.

For instance - spring magazine - home remodeling, fresh paint, flowers.  New Years magazine - weight loss, exercise, etc...  Summer - vacations, etc...

Or for cars - simply a cars magazine - pulling in all the Hubs related to cars and automotive.

In this manner as an author we could pull together pertinent Hubs.

3. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 5 years ago

I actually do a newsletter of articles just as you suggested here. There are free applications that can allow you to make them yourself. Then email them to a list of willing followers, include lots of links, and traffic would increase.

I no longer put all my apples in the one basket anymore, after the Google algorithm change. But the magazine idea is great. Why don't you think about setting up blogs with those niches and publish the articles on them, with ads? And if the blog domains were owned by you, you could get paid far more and have more control over what you create...

Just an idea! Cheers!

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
      GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like that idea - will have to give the blogs a chance.

Thank you!