jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Pets vs. People

1. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

As this morning unfurled, I became certain that my pets were intent on my demise, or at least intent on torturing me.  What they've accomplished is raising my blood pressure to unheard of levels!
    I have 8 creatures in my home-3 dogs, 4 cats, and an outside chicken.  Don't get me wrong, I adore each and every one, however this a.m. has been one extended nightmare-testing that love.
    After running around town doing errands with my infant grandson, I came home to pet-inflicted mayhem.  First, my slippers were unrecognizable and chewed beyond belief.  They were found in the front entrance, in the hall.  Okay, that's not so uncommon around here, but I'm certain that at least 2 dogs were in on this, one must have grabbed the footwear, then tossed them to another canine who proceeded to destroy them.  After picking up the remains, I entered the living room only to find 3 piles of-obviously dog-poop.  As I bent over to retrieve these thoughtful gifts, my chocolate lab puppy latched on to my hair-and pulled. Hard.  I swear, the dogs and cats were laughing at me.  One of those cats noticed that I was writing on the computer, so he decided to walk on my desk-intent that I could not see the screen.
    And so rather than going on and on with more examples, thus making this a ridiculously long post, I think I'll just say that the rest of this day will undoubtedly improve-however I haven't been to the bedroom yet. smile

2. theherbivorehippi profile image83
    theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago

lol  Shame on you for leaving your slippers out to tempt them! lol  Oh...I've had days like this when my dogs were younger...one consisted of a very large bamboo rug being shredded beyond belief.  I do think the dogs were laughing at me...I'm quite sure of it as a matter of fact. 

So funny...thanks for the laugh (of course I am not laughing at you...only the situation) smile

3. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

As I wrote in my Hub, "Ode to a Kitty", a pet is not only a wonderful companion full of love, kindness and gratefulness...

it is also potentially a wonderful conversation piece and a nutritious snack

4. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

Fried chicken dinner might solve the problem. Let the ungratefuls all watch in horror and just as you finish eating that lovely little pet exclaim to them all in a roar, "Who's next?!!?"

Hope things get better.

5. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

That's what having pets is all about, enjoy it! big_smile

Us? Misbehaved? Never!

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
      Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Obviously resting themselves AFTER their assault.

2. SandyMcCollum profile image85
      SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So cute!

6. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

Before we learned to pick it up at night, we used to wake every morning with the trash scattered all about. We disciplined the dog many times. Then, one night when I stayed up late watching movies, I saw the cat tip over the garbage and start going through it. Poor dog... he took it well, but now I can imagine his face every time the cat thinks about getting into the trash again!

7. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

I STILL haven't been to the bedroom! smile