Hubpages Ads program : Anyone disabled it?

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (91 posts)
  1. shabarigirish profile image61
    shabarigirishposted 13 years ago

HP ads are running on my hubs since one week. My earnings through the program are pretty low, may be because of lower traffic I am getting.

My hubs were making couple of dollars before signing up with HP ads. Now from past one week my hubs earned nothing from adsesne.

I am just thinking whether I shall disable HP ads or wait for some more time say one month to see the clear results. I know only few people got invitation to join this program, so I don’t want to miss any opportunity offered by HP to make money.

Please let me know how is your earnings from HP ads and anyone considered disabling it?

1. snakebaby profile image65
      snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Having earned even one cent since HP ad added. This is no coincidence. HP ad takes away all my adsense earnings, not sure if it's worth it.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine is higher than Adsense earning as well.  I don't care so much where I earn, so long as I am earning.

3. wbfree profile image60
      wbfreeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I disabled the HP ads on my regular account.

After safely making AdSense payout for this month, I activated the HP ads. I had them for about a week. The program earned me less than 40 cents a day. I was still getting some AdSense clicks too but not enough to make up the difference I was getting with AdSense alone. I might turn it back on after I make AdSense payout in April, then again maybe not. I too hope HP will allow us to select which hubs to put the ads on. 

For anyone used to getting AdSense payout every month, I recommend you wait until after you get to the threshold before trying the HP ad program.

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

my google ads have earned less than $50 in 9 months with a modest number of hubs (and zero for amazon).  Just got accepted into hubpages ads & so far making around $1 a day, so seems to be a good start compared with the google

1. wbfree profile image60

Good job Baileybear. Sounds like you're making progress toward your first AdSense payout.

The HP ad program is working for some people, but my recommendation was for people who are accustomed to making AdSense payout every month. I would safely make the threshold first to be certain of making payout, THEN test the new HP program out. 

Thanks.

2. profile image0
        4youreyesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can you use AdSense when you have no hub's ?  Why would HP choose you to use the program as a test when you have noting to test it on ? Why are you not writing any hub's after 11 months with HP ?

You're kidding right? Did you not see that I said, "on my REGULAR account"?

I learned the hard way to protect my work and my potential earnings. People have a tendency to copy, sabotage, attack, etc. I'm not saying that you personally would do that. Anyway, my hubs are not 4youreyes. lol. Sorry, I couldn't resist making a joke. 

Seriously, it does seem like other people are having some of the same results I had with the HP ad program and deactivated it.

The bottom line is try it for yourself, but I wanted to let people know that if they're used to getting payout every month they probably should make sure they reach payout before turning on the HP ads. Anyone who wants to take that risk of not making it, can.

I've seen several veteran hubbers say that for the first time in years they did not make AdSense payout (with hundreds of hubs) with the HP ads going.

Anyway, that's all.

1. profile image0
            4youreyesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wbfree,
            I'm sorry I did not mean to offend, my mistake for not catching that you had a regular account also. I will be more careful next time. Please except my apologies.

4youreyes, you have a kind heart. No need to apologize. No worries.

3. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But you don't have any hubs. It's impossible for you to earn Adsense.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can have more than one account you know. wink

1. profile image0

Yes, I thought of that. but then, it would be useful to see how many hubs he's written and what they were about...

Why? I have a lot more hubs than you can see on my account.

1. profile image0

Because, Mark, I get a picture of where the person is coming from when I can see what he generally writes about. A comment, on its own, can sometimes mean a million different things.

I deliberately hide the things I write about. sad

1. profile image0
                    Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it depends on the discussion. Sometimes, it is a problem if someone talks about their (alleged) other accounts, which cannot be verified. In this discussion, I don't see a problem; it was something casual, and there is no reason to believe the poster - wbfree - wasn't telling the truth.

4. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am making just slightly more than I did in February using both Hubpage ads and Adsense. I was in the first wave and signed up the 2nd week of March. I think I would have done better if I had the hub program the entire month of March.

I feel better not being so dependent on Adsense. What are we ever going to do if the program would end? This is one of those "don't put all of your eggs in one basket" things. All good things can come to an end as the whole Panda thing showed us.

I feel much better having a second program to rely on.

1. vietnamvet68 profile image61
        vietnamvet68posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who has signed up for the HP Ads is a FOOL, they will not bring any amount of money in for yourself but they will bring in lots of money in for HP and on top of that you can bet they are selling your personal information just like facebook to make even more money. HP is dying and they are trying everything they can to keep making money for themselves. Open your eyes people.

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awww...did you not get an invite?

1. theherbivorehippi profile image66
            theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's what I was thinking! wink

2. Richieb799 profile image74
        Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I got an invite but after hearing some people say their Adsense had gone down I decided to leave it for now, perhaps when I am earning as much as some of the big cats I will try it. But I just like getting paid each month like I do with Adsense at the moment.

1. WoodsmensPost profile image62
          WoodsmensPostposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4850534.jpg

1. Karanda profile image79
            Karandaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's right on! lol lol

2. wbfree profile image60

Right on Richie.

I "loves" getting my AdSense deposits every month! The "big cats" as you say, may have enough money to play around with, but "Homey don't play dat". LOL

Joking aside, within hours of disabling the HP ad program I saw a dramatic improvement in my AdSense earnings. I hope to see some more of those $13+ dollar days I was getting a few weeks ago.

I realize some people are doing great with the new HP ad program. Good for them, but again, I'm not risking my AdSense payouts.

**********************************************************************
          I had to come back and update my wording from "significant" improvement to "dramatic" improvement in my AdSense earnings, because I just checked my AdSense earnings so far today and I'm already about at the half way mark to a $13+ day. Go, Go, Go AdSense! Yay!

3. melbel profile image93
        melbelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was really affecting my AdSense earnings which are more important to me, so I disabled it.

4. pinkdaisy profile image60
        pinkdaisyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am running HP ads and I am seriously thinking about disabling it. I'm not making as much money sad

Does anyone know what the cut off point is for payout?

5. theherbivorehippi profile image66
      theherbivorehippiposted 13 years ago

I did disable mine...only because it was really affecting my Adsense and I didn't want it to take away from my earnings for March.  I do plan on turning it back on though April 1st and giving it it's fair chance though.  I know a lot of people seem to be really happy with it...I just needed to finish off this month as strong as I could. 

You can disable it and then enable it again if you want to "comparison shop" the program and see which you prefer. smile

shabarigirishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup.. HP ads works on impression basis so many people who are getting high traffic might be earning more.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image79
          Garrett Mickleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know that.

I generally get decent traffic and no clicks, so this would be great for me.

Can't wait to get my invitation!

1. Balinese profile image40
            Balineseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i did not get invitattion too - and  no click but  quiet  alot viewer sad  i have no idea

2. thisisoli profile image69
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you give me the source on Hubpages ads working on impressions? So far my earnings seem to be comming through from clicks because of their variance.

1. profile image0
            ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's both impressions and clicks, but I should imagine it is clicks by an overwhelming majority, on any hubs with any substance or earnings potential whatsoever.

The only ads that I have seen which look for candidates for being impression based are the ones for cars, which is brand building. Most that I have seen have been very niche specific, rather than broad, and anything other than a click campaign for those would be ludicrious.

People are getting confused by the use of 'CPM' as a reporting tool, oblivious to the fact that their earnings come from their clicks, a few impressions on top, and nothing else. smile

1. profile image0
              ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

(just like AdSense I must add)

6. Lymond profile image87
      Lymondposted 13 years ago

Does actually disabling the HP program return the ad space to Adsense? May have just been coincidence but very shortly after the HP program came in my Adsense revenue dropped substantially. At the time I wasn't invited to the HP program and just figured it stole impressions from Adsense on my pages even though I wouldn't earn off the HP program til I was invited.

I seem to be earning off the HP program (at a slightly lower rate than Adsense when it was producing regularly) but for someone like me who can barely scrape a cheque a month, splitting revenue streams leaves me with nothing but gaps between payouts as I don't make the minimum requirements on both.

1. profile image0

Yes, I have virtually no clicks now. In fact, Last week I went for 5 days without receiving a single click. That had NEVER happened before!

7. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 13 years ago

I have been impressed with the earnings from the Hubpage Ads but it is a pain that you cannot enable or disable on individual hubs. I could do a lot better (and Hubpages could do better too) with this choice.

It is hitting adsense and Amazon, too, I reckon in an unnecessary way.

1. profile image0
        BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Will, I think hp may look later in the year at doing individual hubs at the moment they are concentrating at getting everyone joined up and making the beta system fool proof.
        It certainly hasn't affected my Amazon earnings, although they are down since the algo change. My adsense earnings have completely dried up. sad

Hope HP will give an option to enable it on individual hubs, so we can enable it on hubs which are geeting no clicks or low CTR and disable on high CTR hubs. smile

Sorry small typo *getting
            smile

8. 2besure profile image79
      2besureposted 13 years ago

I have deactivated my HP ads as well.  I don't get that much traffic and don't want to have Google ads to compete with he HP ads.

1. freelanceauthor profile image60
        freelanceauthorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

how did you do that? I badly need to deactivate it. My earnings are declining

Thanks

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sign in - Go to My account - Earnings - Configure HubPages Ad program, then choose Deactivate

9. sabrebIade profile image80
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

My Adsense ecpm had dropped through the floor since the "Panda"
      ("Panda"...isn't it sweet that they named such a destructive thing after a cute animal? Next I guess they will cut half the Adsense publishers and call it "Operation Fluffy Bunny")
      Anyway, with the HP program added to the regular Adsense, I am actually making more than I was after Panda, though not more than I was making before Panda.
      So, I'm leaving it on for now and keeping check of the total ecpm and profits.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Say again?

1. sabrebIade profile image80
          sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay...say before Panda I was making 20.00 a day.
          After Panda I made 10.00.
          With the HP program added in to Adsense now, I am making 15.00
          So I'm not making as much as before Panda, but more than just with Adsense alone after Panda.

10. leahlefler profile image95
      leahleflerposted 13 years ago

I'm relatively new, so I don't earn a lot with any method - but the HP program is paying me more than Adsense. Prior to the google slap, I was making $1-$2 per day with Adsense (with fewer hubs than I have right now). Now I'm lucky to make $0.50, and many days go without any earnings on Adsense. The HP program has more than made up for that, so I am quite happy to leave it on all of my hubs.

11. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I had one week of post-Panda adsense earnings before joining Hubads.
      While Panda knocked my traffic down 30%, it knocked my earnings down 60%.
      HPads show a fairly steady return each day, while adsense has stayed in the doldrums.
      To try and boost my adsense, I turned HPads off for a couple of days. My timing was terrible (I always pick the wrong queue at check-out in the supermarkets too!)as other people reported record earnings during those 2 days.
      Adsense did not pick up at all with Hubads turned off.
      Maybe I was just unlucky in the days I picked I don't know.
      With Hubads, my earnings are almost back to normal.
      My traffic seems to have fully returned, but my earnings remain down a bit.

12. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Don't forget that after the update things are normalizing again.

My traffic is slowly coming back to normal.

13. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 13 years ago

What's annoying me now is that my traffic is more or less back to normal, but my earnings are way down.
      For the last two days I have earned less than .50cents per day on Adsense.

14. Rudra profile image67
      Rudraposted 13 years ago

Have enabled it, will wait for another month or so and then can decide.

15. andyoz profile image86
      andyozposted 13 years ago

I've been happy with HP ads in the week I've been using them.  My total earning are up slightly and I seemed to earn more of a conisntent amount on HP ads.  My Google Adsense is down but I don't mind that if the overall amount is more.

16. shogan profile image76
      shoganposted 13 years ago

I've noticed, having it on for over a week now, that I seem to earn something small every day, but I don't get that odd "big" day.  Just pretty much the same total, every day.  That's great, if you've got a ton of traffic, but I'm wondering if I'm better off gambling on the ups and downs of Adsense alone.  I'm getting absolutely nothing from Adsense with the HP Ads turned on.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Go back over your monthly earnings and put them in a spreadsheet.
        Set up calculations to work out your average earnings per day on adsense alone,then hubads plus adsense.

That is the only way to work out which is better.

Since the google crash, Hubads plus adsense wins hands down for me, but it isn't the same for everyone. Some people are reporting that their adsense is still higher, post-Panda.

But keep a record, then you can see at a glance and not be dependent on memory alone.

1. shogan profile image76
          shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

IzzyM, thanks a lot for responding.  It's lousy to feel like you're talking to the air.  smile  I tend to think that I've been here too short a time and have too few hubs to make any research meaningful, but I'll take your idea anyway and go with it.

Looking through the posts in this thread, the number of hubs and the time on the site don't seem to reflect any pattern of success with HP Ads on or off.  None that I can see, anyway.

2. pinkdaisy profile image60
        pinkdaisyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have had the exact same experience...couldn't have said it better myself smile

17. CASE1WORKER profile image60
      CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

i agree, with your suggestion.
      My monthly earnings for March(HP plus adsense) post panda are a little more than Feb adsense alone and we didn't start HP to 3rd and still have two days earnings to go on HP!

I think with everything you just have to give it time, if it is the same in subsequent months then thats fine. It does make me chuckle. I was one of the first wave of 500 and if you remember there were some strained forum posts that we were coining it in! Well no one is, but even 10 per cent more is better than nothing!

18. Bill Manning profile image70
      Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I am making more off the HP ads. But then again I never had many clicks here for adsense anyways. So I'll take the few extra bucks or whatever a day and post more hubs.

But yeah, everywhere on every site I have clicks are down big time since the Google change. hmm

19. Rosie2010 profile image67
      Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

I've had HPads for a about a week now and my Adsense earnings are not affected, so my earnings for the week has doubled compared to the week before HPads.  But I had a couple of good days earnings on Adsense so my Adsense earnings for the week is higher than HPads.  It could be just a fluke.. too early to say.  But my Adsense earnings for March has surpassed that of February, with the HPads activated the last week.  So, I say so far so good.  April will say how it really is for me, as both Adsense and HPads will be activated for the whole month.  For me.. so far so good.

20. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 13 years ago

You have 45 hubs and you've been here 4 months (says me, stating the obvious LOL). I had less hubs but had been here 3/4 months before I started keeping a spreadsheet.
      On that spreadsheet I note number of hubs, adsense, views, and loads of other details that I hope will one day be useful to me.
      The whole point I suppose is to have an overview, a perfect memory, of trends or earnings or whatever.
      I don't know about you, but this has all been a huge learning curve for me.
      I wanted to write AND I wanted to earn money.
      The spreadsheet keeps me right. On this day last year I earned .26 eurocents.
      Today I earn an awful lot more than that in total, but I have a record of the high times as well as the low.
      I'm still not earning the minimum wage assuming I worked a 40 hour week, thanks largely to the Panda update.

I almost missed your response down here, IzzyM (I am assuming you were responding to me, right?).  This is quite a learning curve, made worse by the fact that I'm an English teacher, so spreadsheets are a bit like my Kryptonite.  You are correct, though, and I know it.  I'm a tenacious sort, and I plan to stick around for a while, so I need to start being more methodical in my record-keeping.  This may be a stupid question, but isn't some of this info collected by Analytics?

The nice thing for me is that whatever I earn doing this is extra.  I don't need it; I'd just like to have it.  Panda must have been a bear (pardon!) for those who depend on online earnings.

1. IzzyM profile image86

I've never understood Analytics, maybe one day, but for now, no. So instead, I keep records, and add to them, and make new heading columns, and kid myself on that it pays me.

That aside, if you intend to stick around, you will find that your own records will give you an at-a-glance summary of your previous history which can guide you in future, apparently.

I said "apparently" because the future is rocky and uncertain at the moment, but in more normal times your spreadsheet would be reassuring.

Then again, if this is only a past-time to you, don't worry about it smile

"Then again, if this is only a past-time to you, don't worry about it "

Well, that's what I'm stuck on.  I guess it is a past-time, since it's not a necessity, right?

I respect your dedication to record-keeping.  It's inspiring me to take another look at my approach here.

21. lakeerieartists profile image62
      lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

I am getting Adsense clicks and and HP Ad clicks, but it still doesn't equal what I earned pre Panda.  My traffic has leveled off but not gone back to pre Panda either, and my Ebay is tanking.  Amazon seems fine for some reason (knock on wood).  I may have no choice but to move all my Ebay related content.

22. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
      PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

HP profit is much better than Adsense right now, but overall they both are doing poorly. Amazon has dropped to one very small sale. I'm very saddened with all the changes as my profit level has really tanked. But I will keep HP because I feel it is the better of the two right now...

23. Thriller profile image60
      Thrillerposted 13 years ago

HP Ad program will not be very a good proposition to Asian writers writing on regional topics as advertisers from this part of the world will not sign up for HP Ad program. They'll stick with Adsense and so should we.

24. Dame Scribe profile image57
      Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I haven't got invited n had 20 hubs unpublished tongue can't say anything since I have no idea.

25. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 13 years ago

Nearly $30 in 7 days so no im not disabling it!!! smile

26. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years ago

Well, I had it for one week, and comparing to the previous week my combined HP eCPM dropped from almost 15 to a tad above 12. I am giving it another week, and if the pattern persists, I am out of it....

27. profile image0
      Marye Audetposted 13 years ago

I have had it for most of march so know what my average is with it...will turn it off for a bit and see what Adsense looks like for April..and then decide.Since Panda and the new Hub Ad program hit me at the same time I don't really know what has been affected by what. smile

28. bloggerdollar profile image73
      bloggerdollarposted 13 years ago

My Adsense earning really took a hit after enabling HubPages Ads, for a while I didn't notice those two were related. I will disable Hubpages ads but it would be really good if they offer individual Hub enable option and/or we can choose where we can place Adsense and Hubpages ads on a single page.

29. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 13 years ago

This issue is so disheartening. My adsense is almost becoming non existent in comparison to post Panda that i thought was bad. My HPads earnings are not too bad, but still....

I'll still hang on and see how it pans out, but i'm getting so jittery. And i hate feeling jittery. sad

1. David 470 profile image82
        David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is this post panda hubbers are talking about? Are they referring to Google Algorithm change??

1. viryabo profile image94
          viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes

30. Brie Hoffman profile image60
      Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

I just disabled mine this morning and have already received 5 clicks.  I've had Hubpages on for about 10 days and the very first day was good but it declined after that.  Since then I've actually made less than with adsense.

31. Brie Hoffman profile image60
      Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

I also don't like it that we can't track Hubpage revenue throughout the day like you can with adsense.

32. David 470 profile image82
      David 470posted 13 years ago

I noticed that my adsense earnings are almost gone completely. However, adsense was never consistent, in the time I have been using it. I would have bad days, average days, and above average days.

It seems like the hubpages ad program is consistently average, but my adsense earnings have tanked basically.

33. Rik Ravado profile image86
      Rik Ravadoposted 13 years ago

I have 2 accounts that are both in the Hub Ad program but find my overall earnings slightly down from pre Panda days.  I've therefore turned off the HubAd program for a few days but my AdSense earnings are still VERY low in spite of improving traffic.

I'm therefore about to turn HubAds back on.  My problem with Hub Ads is it makes accounting difficult.  You don't know which hubs are earning what and each day I have 3 earnings totals; AdSense in Pounds(£) and two separate figures for HubAds in Dollars($).

I miss being able to look at my AdSense stats for the month and identify the best earners.  Anyone else find this a problem?

1. Brie Hoffman profile image60
        Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I turned HP off and that was one of the reasons.  I just couldn't stand not being able to see which ads were making money and how much I was making throughout the day.  Funny thing is that my adsense seems better after having switched back.

34. gracenotes profile image89
      gracenotesposted 13 years ago

After today, I will have equivalent amounts of time to compare the performance of HP ads and just Adsense alone.  It looks like Adsense alone is going to come out ahead, but just slightly.

If there's very little difference between the 2 modes of earning, I'd prefer to just have Adsense on my hubs.  I'll have the obvious advantage of being able to track their performance on Google Analytics.

I know another hubber's results could be different from mine, and it probably depends on the niches, number of hubs, and individual traffic patterns.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image60
        Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have the same ..adsense is slightly higher and you get to track your earnings...  So HP is off.

35. brandonhart100 profile image75
      brandonhart100posted 13 years ago

I don't see why you'd turn it off... It gives you better performance and allows competition for your ad space which can only be a good thing.

My revenue is up at least 50% since turning it on.

HP ads are nothing but google adsense ads with HP's tracking code, I don't understand how adsense ads can compete with adsense ads itself.

Anyhow congrats for your increased earnings.

36. Aficionada profile image79
      Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Question:

For the Hubbers who would like to have the HPad program on some Hubs, but not on all, would it not achieve the same effect to move some of the Hubs to a different account?  Then you could have one account with HPads and one without? - Or, would those Hubs (the ones moved) lose rank or Google love (if there is any left in the world for HP) when they are moved?

37. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years ago

At the moment I don't want to deactivate the hubad program, not even to test it, because it seems it's doing quite well for earning me a nice small chunk of change....

38. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

I dare call this thread inconclusive. Maybe someone can explain under what circumstances the program works, and when it doesn't.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)