jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (29 posts)

Hubpages adding games?

1. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago

Should hubpages add some games to their site to attract more people to join?

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why not?! smile

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

If Hubpages add games to this site I will delete every single one of my Hubpages immediately.

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll be right behind you.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If they want to set up the website HubGames.com then great, they can knock themselves out, but I won't be joining smile

3. Cheeky Girl profile image85
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

There's already enough fun and games going on here as it is! LOL!

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

No votes for any games from me.  hmm  I came to this site because it's mostly all about Hub-writing (and Hub-reading).  The forums offer a diversion from those, as well as info and occasional ideas for (what else?) Hub-writing.  If games were to show up on here, I'll be following those other people who said they'd be out of here.  (Anybody sense a train forming? )

1. profile image0
      Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I joined because I love writing and reading interesting articles. One of my friends was complaining because there wasn't any games on here. I was just curious to see what everyone else thought.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Phoebe, there's nothing wrong with being curious, asking, or liking games, for that matter.  smile  It's just that I know I signed up here because the site was pretty much nothing but writing and kind of "all business" (except for the forums).  I didn't intend for my quick, candid, answer to come across as "heavy handed".  (I'm not a fan of games, though, and would really hate to see them on here.  hmm  )

5. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

I don't believe you, Ryan, Lisa and Lisa. A few fun games can't touch you. smile

6. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

This is a writing site, not Facebook. I agree with others, I would be looking elsewhere also if this became a game site.

7. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 6 years ago

it is all a game, a game where the stakes are very, very low!  big_smile

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I think games would be fine. Hey if I have to put up with the venom of the politics and religious forums and the sexual inuendo that runs rampant in the forums (Even if I don't look, forum topics end up on hubs.), a few games can't be anymore irritating.

I might even play a few once in a while.

9. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Yousaytoo has flash games section which is not interfering with content. I don't mind flash games section on subdomain - games.hubpages.com (without any leak from hubs/sidebar obviously).

10. moorebored profile image83
    mooreboredposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't want games on my hubs...

11. futurenetads profile image61
    futurenetadsposted 6 years ago

It isn't game site,it is for writing and reading interesting articles but I like if they create separate site for games.

12. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

That is the last thing I want here sad

13. camlo profile image86
    camloposted 6 years ago

We'd have people joining just for the games, just like some people already join just for the Forums. Not such a good idea.

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Camlo  smile I just sent you a mail.

1. camlo profile image86
        camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Sofs! I'll go and take a look.

1. camlo profile image86

Have replied. smile

1. sofs profile image87
            sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Camlo ! appreciate this smile

1. camlo profile image86

No problem. You can write any time you like. smile

14. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

We already have sandpit.. I love word games before I go to bed.

1. camlo profile image86

I used to play them before going to bed, and ended up never getting to bed.
      Since I started college, where I have to be up at 6:00 every morning, I've stopped playing them.
      But college will be finished soon ...

15. waynet profile image50
    waynetposted 6 years ago

I'm not a real fan of the online types of games on offer on Facebook and other social networks they are addictive to some but not me...I just find them a waste of time!

World of Warcraft though is quite good and is a very different entity as you can play with gamers all around the world, but even still I don't have time for such time wasting antics!

If we played these games to earn money somehow, then I'd be playing them all the time every minute of the day, even whilst asleep I would be thinking about playing them games.....

1. camlo profile image86

Yes, I tried playing some of the games on FB, but they didn't really hold any appeal for me.
      I've heard of people actually getting into debt to have enough credits to build up their farm on Farmville quicker than anyone else. I don't understand it. I tried Farmville over a year ago and found it quite pointless ... maybe I'll go over and take a look at my farm - I'm pretty sure my livestock has starved and my crops gone to seed.

1. waynet profile image50
        waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hate it when your friends just start to send you notifications for this and that on Facebook and Farmville is perhaps the top one that annoys I've banned all of them from reaching my notifications.

1. profile image0
          Phoebe Pikeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know exactly what you mean! I must have gotten at least a thousand requests for games I wasn't even interested in by now.

working