jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)

Suggestion for a "Printable Capsule"

1. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Don't know if this could be an easy addition or major update to HubPages, but I was hoping if there would be a way to add a capsule that is capable of being "printable."

This would come in handy and very reader-friendly to viewers on Hubs such as Recipes. I could think of others as well, but recipes would benefit the most I would think.  I see this available on a lot of sites that have recipes. This way a viewer could print the recipe without having to copy from our hubs.

Maybe this could be done in a similar way the Photos open in a new window on page and be printable from there. And before someone says make the recipes into a picture...that would take away from the word count and not look as presentable on the page.

If not, then maybe keep this idea on the back-burner at least for future update to HP.

1. tritrain profile image75
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That would be a novel and helpful capsule.

Great suggestion!

Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I would not suggest print for the entire hub. I want readers to come back. lol That's why I ask for just a "capsule."

2. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Print friendly button at the bottom of hub is useful for printable view and printing or exporting content to PDF. You can cut the un-necessary text before printing it. I don't know if hubpages should explicitly create a new feature like this when there is 3rd party service embedded already.

That works to print the entire page easily, but asking the viewer to work to get to a recipe only is not very print-friendly.
      I am suggestion the feature to make it easier for such printing and make it more inviting to viewers to use the printing of recipes as well as any other items Hubbers may choose to invite readers to print.

1. skyfire profile image73
        skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is possible to do this using print friendly service. You can delete specific part from the hub and then print only the one that you need.

That's my point about something different. In the current format you have to delete all of the things on the page you do not want.  My suggestion is for an easier way, more viewer-friendly way.

3. skyfire profile image73

I know you're specifically asking for capsule with print button feature. I just don't know if they'll pick it up. It's nice suggestion BTW. Maybe a good idea for firefox add-on ? lol.

It may not be something that HP can easily do or will not do. Just suggesting it with hopes it could be done.
      When I write recipe hubs I don't leave them short for content. I have looked at what it would take to delete everything from my own hubs just to get the recipes and that would be a lot of work. lol..I wouldn't even go through that.

Hmmm, don't know how it could be done with Firefox, but maybe our browser Guru Edweirdo could figure that one out.

4. skyfire profile image73

Try Print Edit on firefox (not sure if this will work on FF4/3.6.13)

I am not wanting this specifically for me. I am suggestion it for the viewers to use.

1. skyfire profile image73
        skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol. I know but as i said earlier, if there is already another service out there then i doubt they'll pick this one up. Just a thought.

I know. But hoping! smile

That is why when I look for recipes I normally go to sites that have the "print recipe" capability on them. I see the recipe, I print it and I am done. It is normally one page and easy to use in the kitchen.

Looking for a way to maybe let HP be on the same playing field as the bigger recipe sites. Recipes is a pretty large category here. And as I mentioned, others may like it for other purposes.

5. travelespresso profile image81
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Great idea except I'd like to be able to print the entire hub.  I'd find it especially helpful when a hubber has written detailed instructions on "how to do" something. 

I support your request - for what its worth!

There is a way to print the entire hub where you rate the hubs.

1. travelespresso profile image81
        travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Aah!  So there is.  I've been on the road for awhile now and without a printer so I hadn't noticed it!

6. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

That Spam was Reported! WOW that deletion was quick!

1. travelespresso profile image81
      travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

IMPRESSIVE speed MW

It was deleted  as soon as I reported it I think. lol

working