jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How can we capitalize on mobile browsers?

1. Azure11 profile image88
    Azure11posted 5 years ago

So it seems that people are saying more and more of the traffic that we will be getting at hubpages will be on mobile devices. However, it seems that no ads are shown on these so if this is the case do you think earnings are going to drop as mobile internet browsing increases and if so what is the future for hubpages, is it possible to include ads on mobile browsers?

1. Azure11 profile image88
      Azure11posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Anyone from Hubpages care to comment on this?

2. Azure11 profile image88

is nobody really interested in the fact that we might lose a huge percentage of earnings because mobile browsers don't show ads??

3. sunforged profile image65
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

Ive asked that before. I dont think we will get a response. Somewhere one of the staff pointed out the "positive" increase that HP had seen in mobile browsing numbers.

I responded: You mean the decrease in opportunity for my ads to be served?

Never saw a response smile

On the plus side, when I browse on my phone I do NOT use a mobile browser and view the web just as anyone else would on a traditional browser. I have an android phone, I suspect many other smartphone users do the same.

Mobile browsers COULD show ads, its quite easy and even adsense has a mobile setting. If the rise in mobile browsing actually costs the site money Im fairly certain they will respond. Personally, I dont "respond" after the fact, so all my sites have alternate mobile views and advertising in place and have so for nearly a year. Cant say, they acually earn much through mobile advertising quite yet though sad

4. Azure11 profile image88

Thanks for your response sunforged, all seems a bit doom and gloom at the moment and am starting to wonder if it is worth me putting so much effort in!

working