jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

A comment reported in Hubtivity is not showing

1. Aya Katz profile image89
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

I still use the old Hubtivity to check what is going on on HP.

http://hubpages.com/hubtivity/all

This morning, I saw there was a comment on one of my hubs from an unregistered user (Luis Diaz) on the hub about how to change language settings on Youtube. But when I went and clicked on the comment, it took me to my hub and there was no sign of the comment.

I could not see this comment in Hubfeed, either. What does it mean?

1. Ari Lamstein profile image79
      Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Aya,

Thank you for reporting this issue.  A while ago we wrote a program to detect spammy comments and not show them to our users.  However, it looks like the Hubtivity code was not "paying attention" to the message that said that the comment was spam; and so it was still telling you that it was existed.

The issue has been fixed and will go out with our next build.  You will no longer see Hubtivity entries about Spammy messages that have already been deleted for you.

Ari

2. timorous profile image93
    timorousposted 6 years ago

I've seen some odd things in the Hubtivity, like recent hub or forum comments being listed twice, even though there was only the one.  Incorrect (posted) times given.  A comment notice on the left of the page was not listed in the Hubtivity.

Something needs fixing perhaps, although I haven't noticed these problems lately.

Aya Katzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I just wonder what happened to that comment.

3. Sufidreamer profile image83
    Sufidreamerposted 6 years ago

I believe it is spam, Aya, so the system automatically picks it up and deletes it. There are a few names - Luis Diaz is one - that keep cropping up on HP and in the comments on my own site! smile

Sufi, thanks. If that is the case, I don't need to see it. ;->

4. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I see that quite frequently, its SPAM that the system caught as Sufi said.

Sunforged, good to know the system sometimes works!

5. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I imagine, if the same comment is frequently posted by the same user/ip within a certain time period, the system gets it.

Thats how akismet works. (The wordpress antispam plugin)

6. timorous profile image93
    timorousposted 6 years ago

In my case, the comment itself wasn't posted twice, just the listing in the Hubtivity list.  It was a hubber that I know well, not some spammer.

working