jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Categories on Hubs

1. Charity Squid profile image79
    Charity Squidposted 5 years ago

Is there a way to change your category on a hub that is already created?

1. andycool profile image70
      andycoolposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go to edit mode, look at the right side... below "Add More Capsules" group click on settings. You're just there! smile

2. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Yes, you can change the category of a hub. I've done so quite a few times, to see which category worked better for traffic.

Some articles written can be in more than one category. Edit whichever hub you want to change, on your right side you  have a command list you can use, to give you more flexibility over your hub.

The command- settings- should do the trick. When you click on settings, at the top will be "category" with a ? along side it. You should have no problem changing it. Please do put it in a good place, so Staff doesn't have to moderate the hub, because it's miscategorized.

Example: Poems- go under "poems/poetry" and not under books and creative writing alone. Granted, poems/poetry is under creative writing, but are not categorized properly, if just under creative writing.

Example: Political issues and social issues can go under it's main topic, without having a need for a sub-topic. Poems must be in their proposed sub-topics.

Example: I've published a dozen or so Celebrity hubs, each needs to be in their specific topics otherwise, flagged by staff.

I hope that helps.

1. Charity Squid profile image79
      Charity Squidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks guys!   I found it.