jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

photo capsule

1. anidae profile image83
    anidaeposted 5 years ago

I am trying to post my first hub and have my content capsule saved. I cannot get my photo to look clear. I have added and deleted several of my own photos and they look grainy when I crop to small size. I think I must be doing something wrong. Is it better to try to find an online image and will those be small enough for hubpages without cropping and editing? I can post pictures to my blog( I usually put thumbnail size photos) and they look okay.

1. sarakhalil profile image61
      sarakhalilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i think that you can get them without editing as you can reduce their size from the same tab you upload them to make them half size or less as you want to make it okay!
      I hope this helps you.

anidaeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks really helped me.

2. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

if you download the free Microsoft photo editing software Paint.net, and clean it up first and resize it, that may help too

1. brakel2 profile image86
        brakel2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I downloaded a photoresizing tool free,  similar to the photo resizing powertoy tool that could run in Windows XP. It is by Lambson. I love it.

2. anidae profile image83

Thx. I will try downloading that tool.

3. anidae profile image83

Thanks, I will try this.

2. WorkinItOut profile image60
    WorkinItOutposted 5 years ago

I'm new so I don't know it all, but I was able to put all my photos in without cropping and editing at all. Just do as Sarakhalil advised and change the image size in HP when you put the image in. The options are full size, half size and quarter size I think. You can try different sizes and preview the page, changing as needed to get the right look.

Tnx very much. This sounds good to me.

3. mdlawyer profile image59
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

You can make it half-size or quarter-size

thank you.    this worked

working