jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How do I add a page to an existing Hub article for Google AdSense

1. DTroth profile image77
    DTrothposted 5 years ago

I'm very clearly a Newbie, so I really need help with this...please! 

I was denied a Google AdSense account because they said they couldn't prove Domain Ownership of my web article on my HubPage.  They said all I have to do is add a page to my existing article and copy and paste their "snippet" to prove I accepted their terms of use etc. 

My question is:  How do I add another page to my existng article?  Do I open a new hubpage article for this or ???

Thank you for your help!!  You are MUCH appreciated!!
    Totally Lost in Webworld,

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

You don't own the HubPages domain, so the validation process you are attempting to do won't work.

Follow these instructions, provided by HubPages,

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/1-2- … s-adsense/

DTrothposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi relache, thank you for your response.

I have been over and over those pages and I have followed everything step by step.   But, when AdSense asks you for your URL, I typed in my Article name at hubpages.com.  Was that wrong?  Honestly, I'm not even sure what my URL even IS, let alone if I own it or not.   Yah, I told you I was a major Newbie! (:

Looking forward to your response!

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It was wrong. You should use your profile URL:

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Read this thread, please. And there are others. It may be a problem within AdSense:

Thank you Website Examiner,

I read all through that thread but I'm such a dummy I'm still not sure what it is I'm doing.   I'll try the blogging, but I'm kind of crunched for time, so it may be awhile until I can get all 10 blogs in.  I'd better do more learnin', cuz when the website's 'terms of use' tells me not to do this or that cuz it's illegal or not allowed, I'm not even sure what it is they're talking about half the time with some of the computer/tech lingo, so how do I know if what I'm doing is illegal or not?  I would never do anything mean or malicious to anyone on purpose, but I'd really feel horrible if I did it purely by accident too. 

I'm still stuck on what "Domain Ownership" means.  What is the "domain?"  Is it my Hub article or ...???

Looking forward to your response, too!

4. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Diana, first things first. You are brand new here. Even after you get your AdSense account approved and activated, it will take some time to start seeing any revenue. You only have one published hub so far, so AdSense really isn't the top priority. Slow down, that's the first suggestion.

You should be able to get AdSense approval through HubPages, but it is advisable to have several published hubs. You should also be able to amend your application, to point them to the correct URL.

Domain, that is the unique address for a website. Hubpages.com is a domain, it is not owned by, you are only a guest here. So you have not access to the source code. Therefore, you'll be using your profile URL if you want to apply based upon your hubs.

Whether you want to try Blogger as basis for the application is your own decision. Many people suggest doing so. However, it seems there is more you could do before giving up on using HubPages for that purpose.

Thank you web examiner...that does help to clear things up a bit.  I didn't mean to give up on HubPages, I just didn't know who's advice to take.  I'll stick with you and HubPages though.  You really seem to know what you're talking about.

Thanks again!