SYTYCWO Official Contest Thread (Week 4 Winners Posted)

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 225 discussions (546 posts)
  1. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

WEll Tweetmom best thing to do its delete it and all will be forgotten smile

2. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 13 years ago

Wow! I have been scooting around to read some of the entries from yesterday (for today's judging) and I gotta say, I found some really remarkable stuff. It makes me very proud to write among this community of talented folks.
    Keep up the good work peeps! smile

3. Charlu profile image76
    Charluposted 13 years ago

I agree with K9 110%   My only problem is now I have to stop reading long enough to write!smile

4. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 13 years ago

Belated congratulations to all the winners so far. I have just spent some time reading the winning (and many other) entries to the contest and have learned a lot - particularly about the Glasgow gangsters that are a mere twenty miles or so to the North-West of me...!! sad

Hopefully, the worst case of writers' block with which I have ever been afflicted will soon pass and I can add some further entries of my own.

Good luck to everyone going forward!

1. K9keystrokes profile image84
      K9keystrokesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gordon, I bid you a swift recovery from your writers' block. It is never a good place be stuck. Good luck with it.

2. Simone Smith profile image89
      Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you're got writer's block, you can always fight it off by poking through the questions on the Q&A portion of HubPages big_smile
      A lot of Hubbers get ideas from there!

3. cardelean profile image86
      cardeleanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The hubmob challenge is also an option for ideas.

4. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks everyone! I am trying to push myself through the barrier and the Q&A and Hubmob are great ideas. I'll definitely give them a try.

5. Simone Smith profile image89
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

Today's winners are up!

• Staff Pick winner: cocopreme for her ice experiments for kids Hub
    • Daily Drawing Winner: sarclair for her frugal tips Hub

Cocopreme's Hub won today's staff pick because it has original photos, a search-friendly title, useful information, original information, and judicious use of not only text and photos, but also video, poll, link, and Amazon capsules.  What's more, the Hub is nicely broken up by several text capsules with helpful headings and is very easy to follow.  Brava, cocopreme!

And props to the rest of you, too!  These have been really amazing to read.  I am sorry I do not have the time to leave the thanks and comments I want to leave on everyone's Hubs!

Great choices! Cocopreme, kids are going to love your ice experiments, and sarclair-- frugal is my middle name! Big congrats for your winning hubs. It's so much fun seeing everyone working to create super good hub content. It feels like we're all winners...
      I think that means you guys have to split your winnings with the rest of us!? smile

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I forgot to add the tag writingcontest when I published yesterday. Can I still add the tag?  Do I have to unpublish & republish?  Or is it too late?

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're saying 'yesterday' when because of the global time difference that could be any time.
        If it is still within the 24 hour period from 12pm Pacific Time then yes add the tag.

1. profile image0

it's still within 24 hours of publishing - so should be okay?

1. IzzyM profile image87

Yes and no smile

If you published at say 4pm and added the tag at 3pm the following day, it would miss because the contest day in which you published finished at 12midday.

But if the question is just can you add the tag after you published, then yes you can.

1. profile image0

if it appears on the list, does that mean it made it for consideration?

1. IzzyM profile image87

Yes, but remember they have hundreds of entries each day. Best of luck smile

1. Laura du Toit profile image73
                  Laura du Toitposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does that mean if two hours after I published and it does not appear on the list that it will not be included?

1. Simone Smith profile image89

Sometimes the list has a bit more of a delay than that.  You should be fine.

3. eBuddy profile image71
      eBuddyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Simone, I created two hubs today, both on different Acer Netbooks and views. But one hub went to April 6th and the Other one went to April 7, but I created both Hubs today, how is this possible? Or will it just update later on and show up as April 7?  I know our time zones are different but I'm only 3 hours ahead so I wonder; how is this possible?  Thanks for future replies.

You may have published one just before the deadline of the 6th and one right after big_smile
        Not to worry- both should be fine!  It doesn't really matter which day the entries are entered in. That's why we designed the contest without daily topics.

1. eBuddy profile image71
          eBuddyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Simone,

Thank you very much for replying to my message, but I must insist that this was a terrible mistake from the system, as I published them both today with a three hour window between each Hub and one somehow shows the publish date of yesterday. I am aware that contest are not based on daily topics, but how can two hubs that I published in the same day, 3 hours apart in the middle of the day be separated? Perhaps something happened that I am not well aware, like maybe I started the hub yesterday but only published today, but I am not sure if this was the case. But if something like this is possible I just want to make sure that If I start a hub today and publish it tomorrow it will still count for yesterday. In this case I would avoid doing this.

But this is just me showing that there was a problem I am not aware of, I am not trying to create confusion or anything like that, just pointing something that no one was aware of it as well. Thank a lot Simone for everything.

4. IzzyM profile image87

The links inside here don't work for me. Google Chrome user. I see no-one else seems to have any problems.

5. BlissfulWriter profile image71
      BlissfulWriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simone, can you check the link that you put in your post of the winning hub "ice experiments for kids Hub"     I tried to click on that using Firefox, but it didn't work.   

The other link "frugal tips Hub" works.

6. Green Lotus profile image59
    Green Lotusposted 13 years ago

Congratulations cocopreme (love your moniker) and sarclair! Very very cool.

7. sagebrush_mama profile image60
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

Drat, I haven't had much time to write the last week...got one done this morning...looking forward to reading some of the winners from the last few days!

Hey, later entries tend to have a better chance of winning anyway, so you're all set!

8. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 13 years ago

I just published a hub for the contest - I think I am too late for today's one. Need to rush to my daughter's new school early in the morning. bye bye.

Check it out if I am in for today's as I have committed myself to write at least one hub a day in the contest.

9. JillKostow profile image85
    JillKostowposted 13 years ago

Kids are the best solution for writers block....they always seem to be doing something interesting that gets my mind jogging or sometimes running.....lol

10. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I've just realised why I haven't won anything yet.  I was tagging with writingcontest - all lower case- instead of WritingContest.

What a fool.  Five winning entries... all wasted.

Anyway, I have rectified this problem - so looking forward to tomorrow's post and a bit fat cheque.

Thanks in advance.

11. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

just in case that wasnt a joke - case would have no effect on the tag working correctly, as long as you can click on the tag and it leads to all the other entries than you are solid.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh.  Thanks.

Well, there must be some other reason why my hubs were invisible for the first few days.

I'm sure I pressed the publish button.

I feel a limerick coming on.  Something about Nantucket.

1. ByChanceTV profile image59
        ByChanceTVposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"who put all his Hubs in One Bucket?"

12. Laura du Toit profile image73
    Laura du Toitposted 13 years ago

I created 4 hubs today - all linking as they cover the same topic. I tagged the hubs with "writing contest" but they do not appear on the list of writing contest hubs for today. Is this not automatically updated when you publish your hub?

1. profile image0

tag is writingcontest - no space.  Retag ASAP

1. Laura du Toit profile image73
        Laura du Toitposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks smile

13. Simone Smith profile image89

Week 1 of this contest is now coming to a close- phew!  It sure has been quite a week. 

With no further ado, here are the winners for Day 7:

• Staff Pick winner: SimeyC for his Hub on taking a road trip across the United States
    • Daily Drawing Winner: Gordon Hamilton for his Hub on different ways to cook potato skins

SimeyC's Hub won Staff Pick for several reasons:
    -Its title, which is both search-friendly AND keyword optimized.  While "road trip across america" is not a very common search, "East coast to West coast" is searched 33,100 times a month, and none of the top three results are satisfactory answers to that query, nor do they contain particular threatening page ranks.
    -It contains VERY useful information, including a fantastic table at the end outlining costs and travel times
    -It contains original images
    -It is well-formatted
    -It is well broken up

SimeyC and Gordon Hamilton, congrats to you both!

Nice Job! Congrats to you both!

1. IzzyM profile image87

Both great hubs! Congrats smile

2. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well done, SimeyC! Congratulations!

This brings a question up for me about the max # characters titles should be--65, I heard said at Hub Camp. Seeing the winning titles, it seems I should not be trying so hard to keep them that short. Is this a correct conclusion?

Thanks!

3. DaNoblest profile image60
      DaNoblestposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Grats to you both!

14. DaNoblest profile image60
    DaNoblestposted 13 years ago

I have a question... Even though I entered my hub during the wrong hours is it still eligible for the weekly prize?

1. profile image0

and how long do we leave our tags on to have a shot at any other prizes?  Are only the daily prize-winners eligible for further prizes?

15. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I just jumped into the contest! Great idea!

16. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

I'm confused (nothing new there).  I just received an email with a link for voting on the People's Choice Award, but when I click on the link I am taken to the Contest Page and I cannot for the life of me see where to vote.

What am I missing?

This is the link:  http://hubpages.com/help/so-you-think-y … ite-online

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL thought I was doing something wrong! I got the same email - I think the email went out early as the rules say that voting starts 4:00PM PT.....

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like a reasonable explanation.  I'm glad it wasn't just me!  lol

Did I miss the voting page now? I want my 7000 facebook friends to vote...OK so maybe my 20 facebook friends!!!

1. profile image0

I still don't see it, either.

2. Mutiny92 profile image63
      Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too funny!  I had the same question.

3. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's a People's Choice Award??

1. profile image0

Yes, it seems that there is one per week, the one receiving the most votes from the seven staff picks.

17. sagebrush_mama profile image60
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

Is the feed for the contest more behind than usual?  I was just looking to read some of the latest entries, but it hasn't changed from a couple of hours ago!

18. soni2006 profile image76

Published one hub for APRIL 7 at 11:57 AM Pacific Standard Time. Will it be counted in today's or tomorrow's contest?

19. Charlu profile image76

OK where's the winners? I don't think I even had an entry but I still want to see the winners.  I'm ready to red some great hubs.

20. Simone Smith profile image89

Today was a really frustrating, unfair day of judging- unfair in that there were several clear winners and we could only pick one.

But pick one we did.  Because that's what we have to do.  And it's a pretty impressive Hub at that.

The winners for today:
    • Staff Pick winner: Sir Cumference for his Hub on climbing Mt. Fuji
    • Daily Drawing Winner: ZozieM for her Hub on earthquakes

Sir Cumference's Hub is...
    -Search-friendly
    -Well-written
    -Very useful, with lots of specific references, facts, and figures
    -Engaging and entertaining
    -Packed with relevant capsules (photo, map, table)
    -Embellished with photos he took himself

And get this.  This is his first Hub.  BAM. 

So props to you, Sir Cumference, and congrats ZozieM on the DD win!

The weekend winners will be announced on Monday; until then, happy trails to you!

1. BlissfulWriter profile image71
      BlissfulWriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How come I'm unable to read the Staff Pick winner "climbing Mt. Fuji"?  It says hub no longer published?

1. IzzyM profile image87

How odd!

It's up and running now- no worries big_smile

21. Charlu profile image76

ooops "read some great hubs" sorry been working on videos all day
    I wish somebody would write a hub about keys sticking on my computer  AAAAhhh it's a pain.  No, before anyone even thinks it, not me, I know nothing about it

1. IzzyM profile image87

If its not a laptop, unplug and turn it upside down and tap it to dislodge all the crumbs and ash and stuff that gets into it.

If its still sticky after that, unplug it and run it under the cold tap.

Make sure it is completely dry before you turn it on again.

Water won't short it, sugary drinks will, which is why if you ever spill your coke or whatever you are drinking on your keyboard, you should immediately unplug it and rinse under running water.

If it's still sticky, buy a new one, they are cheap anyway smile

22. Charlu profile image76

Congrads winners.  First hub WOW

23. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 13 years ago

What an impressive first hub! Congrats to both winners.

24. Charlu profile image76

Thank you Izzy I'll try it. I don't know if I could handle the running water method though  A new computer hhhhmmmmmm.
    Thanks again

25. DaNoblest profile image60
    DaNoblestposted 13 years ago

Quite a way to make an entrance Sir Cumference! Great hub.

26. Mutiny92 profile image63
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

Simone, any word on how to vote?  I can't seem to find the link to the voting page.  Thanks!

I figure it'll be a tie with zero votes each and we'll all get $100!!!

1. Mutiny92 profile image63

LOL!

2. englightenedsoul profile image58
      englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mutiny I have already voted for you.  Here is the link:

http://hubpages.com/topics/arts-and-design/2

thanks ES!

3. Simone Smith profile image89

So sorry about that Mutiny92! I should have mentioned that earlier! Thanks englightenedsoul big_smile

27. Trish_M profile image79
    Trish_Mposted 13 years ago

I published an entry on 2nd April, but I can't find my name on the list.

The list only shows the most recent 1,000 entries, so yours has probably been bumped off by now.  Not to worry!  Your Hub on Writing on the Internet was definitely counted smile

1. Trish_M profile image79
        Trish_Mposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Simone, for letting me know smile

28. soni2006 profile image76

Again published a hub at 11:57 AM PST.

29. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

Ok--I am a little bit confused, here.

1)  Is it a must write 5 hubs/day or simply a limit of 5?  (I could never do 5 in a single day while maintaining quality!)

2)  Is it (was it) just a 1st week of April contest, or all month?

3)  If I have an already published hub that was first published after the contest start date, is it too late, or acceptable to go back and add the 'writingcontest' tag now?

Thanks for clarifying!  wink

1. sid_candid profile image57
      sid_candidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here are the answers:

i) 5 hubs a day is the maximum number of hubs you can submit it is not a rule you can even submit just one quality hub a day.

2) Contest begins at 12:01 P.M. (PT) on March 31st, 2011, and ends at 12:00 noon (PT) on April 29th, 2011

3) You can add the writing contest tag at any time but it won't qualify for the contest. Only hubs you are publishing for the first time with the "writing contest" tag will qualify for the contest.

All the Best. smile

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, sid_candid

So, I've now published a hub I'd been working on, but not yet published.  Finis!  Since it says at the start, "do not post links in this thread," is there a place to post links, as with HubMob topics???  Or do we just trust that with the contest tag, it will get found?

Thanks again..

1. sid_candid profile image57
          sid_candidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just add the tag "writingcontest"tag to your hubs you are publishing and it automatically qualifies for the hubs. No need to post links to the hub anywhere.

30. WannaB Writer profile image87
    WannaB Writerposted 13 years ago

I was in the hospital all day yesterday and last night, and when I came home and tried to see the latest staff pick contest winner, Staff Pick winner: Sir Cumference and clicked the link in both Safair and Firefox, I got an error message that the page had been taken down. That doesn't make much sense to me, but on the profile page for Sir Cumference I didn't see the name of the winning hub, either. Can anyone give me a better link or explain why this might have been taken down after winning? I'm still not up to par,and may have missed something obvious.

1. lakeerieartists profile image64
      lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The page is definitely down.  Just tried it myself.

2. Mutiny92 profile image63

hmmm....a mystery!

Looks like the Hub is up and running and all's well big_smile

31. Howard S. profile image89
    Howard S.posted 13 years ago

Maybe they won't send his award until he republishes it. And if he does, he gets a shot at the two weekly awards, Best Hub and People's Choice!

Even stranger -  a hubpages he commented on is also down.....

DOH the hub he commented on was the award winning one!

32. profile image0
    RenePogelposted 13 years ago

This truly is a wonderful event and tremendous opportunity.

33. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I can't find the hub I wrote for the contest yesterday in the list. Do you not see your own?

Never mind, it showed up under the 8th, even though I published it yesterday I started it on the 8th.

All's well that ends well!

2. Michael Willis profile image68
      Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was under the understanding that if you write a hub for the contest that it is entered when you "publish it" for the contest. If not published yet, it cannot be eligible.

If that's the case, I can forget adding the one I am working on, since the time past since I started it. I thought we had more than a 1 day window to write the hubs for this.

1. Michael Willis profile image68

Is this not correct per the official rules?
        All eligible Hubs, up to a maximum of five (5) per day, that are published for the first time between 12:00 noon (PT) on one day and 11:59 AM (PT) the subsequent day during the Promotion Period are considered for the Staff Pick, Daily Drawing, and weekly and final winners (the "Best Hub Winner", "People's Choice Winner" and "Grand Prize Winner").

I take this to mean that if you Publish the hub on 4-11-2011 (today) it becomes eligible Today, not back on 4-7-2011 when the writing of the unpublished hub began.

1. lakeerieartists profile image64
          lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and that is how hubs usually show, the date you publish is the publish date.  ??

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That was my understanding too.

This is why I am asking. I saw where you spoke about your hub being posted yesterday, but it showed up on the 8th?
          I am interested in posting my hub for the writing contest, but not if it means nothing since I started it last week. it takes time to make the proper research and check everything over in some hubs.
          If it is the day you start, then I will just remove the "tag" and post it when I am ready to later on.

1. Howard S. profile image89
            Howard S.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Michael and UW: You are likely overlooking the noon start/finish time for contest days. UW probably published before noon on the 9th, which bears a contest date of 8th to be judged with those hubs, even though it bears a "first published" date of 9th in your personal stats.

If it helps any, think of the contest judges looking at a clock in India and a calendar for 2010. And hope that for the next contest, they make the cutoff time midnight. Either that or label by "contest day 1" rather than "March 31."

As long as it does not go back to the "start writing date" instead of the published date that is great.

It's first published timing that is counted.  big_smile

Thanks Simone!

34. profile image0
    Ken R. Abellposted 13 years ago

I can't find a Hub I published around 2:00 Eastern Time this afternoon, the 10th.

Any suggestions?

There seems to be a bit of a delay with entries showing up, so sit tight and it should work out.

1. profile image0
        Ken R. Abellposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just double checked the list. The Hub I published around 2:00 PM on the 10th is not included---the Hubs for the 11th have just started being posted.

I also double checked, writingcontest is a tag on my Hub.

Perhaps I missed seeing it, but I don't think so. . .

35. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

Are the People's Choice and Best Hub already announced for the first week. I can't find any hubs to vote for for the first week winners.

sid_candid: the voting isn't on the competition page, but if you go to a main category then you can vote:

Try here:

http://hubpages.com/topics/books-litera … riting/522

SimeyC's got it right- I probably should have said something about that.  Sorry y'all!

36. Simone Smith profile image89

Hey everyone!
    Something I forgot to mention a couple days back is that voting for the People's Choice award takes place on all topic pages.  A couple of Hubbers have already pointed this out, but I just wanted to reiterate that big_smile

Here's a quick link to one of those topic pages: http://hubpages.com/topics/hubpages-tut … unity/2848

I know this answer is coming late, but there are still 2.5 hours or so left to vote, so if you haven't done so already, go for it!

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, the voting is over for the People's Choice? hmm

Yup.  And voting for next week will start on Friday (or Thursday evening) smile

37. Charlu profile image76

The suspense is killing me.  AAAAhhhhhh  Just kidding

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's killing me too.

On the plus side, Simone hasn't flagged my entries as sub standard while checking them.

1. Charlu profile image76
        Charluposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is definitely a hhhuuuggge +++++

fufufufufufu  >: D

38. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

You can sort the list by the hubber name.  Did you try that?

1. profile image0

Thank you. I found it under April 9th---weird.

Oh, well.

1. Howard S. profile image89
        Howard S.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not at all weird. From the time stamp, I'd say you live in the Central time zone. "About 2 pm" there is about noon in Pacific time zone, which is when the contest officially increments the contest day from yesterday's calendar date. You apparently published just before the hour. The majority of confusion in this thread has been about how to read time and date the way the contest does.

1. profile image0

Thank you. I know it's Pacific Time that is in play, but I thought midnight was the official start of a new contest day.

Now I know.

BTW, you were close--Eastern Time Zone, so when I published around 2:00 on the 10th, for the contest parameters, there was still an hour left in the 9th.

Thanks, Howard.

39. Charlu profile image76

I wish I had as many views on my hubs as this forum has had in the last 5 minutes.smilesmilesmile I'd be kicking it

I'm going as fast as I can!!!!! Typing takes TIME!!Dggdfhlsjdfg;lkngxdoblk

Don't worry - my next hub will be about how to clone yourself!

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
          MelissaBarrettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you write a hub on how to clone $100 dollar bills as well?  Oh wait forget that, just tell me how to clone Huge Laurie.  Who needs money?

1. waynet profile image70
            waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Huge Laurie? is he really that huge lol!

1. cardelean profile image86
              cardeleanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

40. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 13 years ago

LMAO, that was not a typo... it was a Freudian slip. I do not have typos.  Ask my editor.  After she gets done laughing, I'm sure she'll agree.

41. Simone Smith profile image89

Ok folks! With no further ado, the weekend winners!!!

FRIDAY, APRIL 8TH
    • Staff Pick winner: K9keystrokes for some awesome cat facts
    • Daily Drawing Winner: swedal for his cereal box rescue tips

SATURDAY, APRIL 9TH
    • Staff Pick winner: DzyMsLizzy for first-timer camping advice
    • Daily Drawing Winner: PeggyW for great camellia how-to

SUNDAY, APRIL 10TH
    • Staff Pick winner: Om Paramapoonya for a guide to doing yoga in bed
    • Daily Drawing Winner: Stephanie Henkel for her wild camel adventure

And... drumroll please... THE WEEK WINNERS!!

• Best Hub goes to: leahlefler for her Hub on hearing loss simulations
    &
    • People's Choice goes to: Len Cannon (by a landslide!) for his excellent computer fan fixing guide!

To ALL of the winners, congratulations!!!

congratulations to all!

2. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ditto, my congratulations to all, as well!

3. K9keystrokes profile image84

Congrats to all of the winners from the weekend and the weekly winners too! Great stuff!
      How exciting! I am thrilled to be selected. All the help I am finding in the learning center, HubCamp section, and under the Topic of Hubs, seems to be paying off! Very grateful to the judges for choosing my cat facts article. With so many super good hubs these days it means more than ever to me. Thanks for the congrats as well everyone. 
      Keep writing great content Hubbers!  wink

42. Charlu profile image76

Congratulations to all the winners Phenomenal Job!!!!!!!

43. soni2006 profile image76

Congratulations to everyone friends. Keep smiling.

44. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

C9ongratulations to all the winners!!!!

45. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 13 years ago

Congrats to the winners!

46. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

Congrats to all of the winners! Your hubs are amazing. big_smile

47. Simone Smith profile image89

Yeah, seriously though.  These Hubs are AWESOME!! 

A bunch of the finalists for each day are featured on the homepage, and shall be featured in this week's newsletter as well.  What's more, we'll be featuring a bunch in podcasts, so even great Hubs that haven't gotten prizes will hopefully get a little boost in traffic from our extra promotion big_smile

These are really cool components to offer the contest competitors Simone. Thanks to you and the HP team for the extra boost, you guys rock!

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I saw them on the front page this morning. I think it's great that these hubs are being featured. These are some of the best contest hubs I've seen. Sometimes contest hubs look 'hurried', but these are awesome. Great job, everyone.

3. Mrs. Menagerie profile image90
      Mrs. Menagerieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hooray! I noticed an increase in views on one of my hubs and couldn't figure out why...then I realized it is on the homepage!  Thank you sooooo much.  I am just thrilled to be along side such fantastic hubs.

48. Ancillotti profile image60
    Ancillottiposted 13 years ago

Congrats for all the winners!

49. JillKostow profile image85
    JillKostowposted 13 years ago

In the rules it states "up to 5 entries per contest day", does this mean you can only use the "writingcontest" tag for no more than 5 hubs each contest day?  I noticed that some had more than 5 entries so I wasn't sure if I understood the rules correctly.

That's right.  Submitting more than five entries in a day disqualifies one for that day, though the Hubs will still show up on the submission list.

1. JillKostow profile image85
        JillKostowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Simone....I just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly.  I thought maybe you can only have 5 entries for the daily drawing.... Now I just have to work on hitting the maximum 5 entries per day. lol

50. mcimicata profile image60
    mcimicataposted 13 years ago

I am considering joining the contest, and I rally loved the "So You Think Yo Can" title, it was really appealing smile

I don't know how well I will be able to compete, but I will surely put my heart into it

Oh, go for it!  At the very least, you'll be adding some great Hubs to your profile that you can continue to earn from over time big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)